Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Oakland Mayor Not Sorry About Warning Illegals

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oakland Mayor Not Sorry About Warning Illegals

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:54 AM
    By: Mark Swanson

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf harbors no regret about tipping off illegal immigrants to a federal raid over the weekend, telling The Washington Post that she considers herself "part of the resistance" against President Donald Trump's immigration policies.

Schaaf on Saturday alerted the public that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents were targeting illegal immigrants in a sweep that began Sunday in northern California cities.

In a statement Tuesday, Schaaf defended her warning to illegal immigrants.

"My statement on Saturday was meant to give all residents time to learn their rights and know their legal options. It was my intention that one mother, or one father, would use the information to help keep their family together,” the mayor said in the statement. “I do not regret sharing this information. It is Oakland’s legal right to be a sanctuary city and we have not broken any laws."

In an interview with the Post, Schaaf said she is part of the resistance against Trump's crackdown on illegal immigration.

"I consider myself a law-abiding citizen. I consider myself a believer in an American democracy that moves towards a more just society. And I definitely consider myself part of the resistance," Schaaf told the Post.

"I think it’s my responsibility as a person in power and privilege to share the information I have access to, to make sure people know what their rights are," Schaff told the Post.

ICE confirmed arrests of more than 150 undocumented immigrants - only half of which had criminal records, the Post reports - and slammed Schaaf for aiding another 864 "criminal aliens."

"The Oakland mayor’s decision to publicize her suspicions about ICE operations further increased [risks] for my officers and alerted criminal aliens — making clear that this reckless decision was based on her political agenda with the very federal laws that ICE is sworn to uphold," acting ICE director Thomas Homan said in a statement.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/oak.../28/id/845950/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I think it’s my responsibility as a person in power and privilege to share the information I have access to, to make sure people know what their rights are," Schaff told the Post.
    Do you use your "information" you gather through your "power and privilege" to tip off subjects of FBI and Oakland Police investigations? Do you tip off state of California SBI investigations? Or just ... illegal aliens?

If people can't see a Mayor 100% bought and sold by the drug cartels behind illegal immigration, then God help US.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oakland Mayor should consider herself part of the 'Criminality' in Harboring, assisting, abetting and aiding illegal aliens. US Section 274(a)(2)(A)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn