Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It most certainly is Unconstitutional for him to write an Executive Order of that magnitude under the Executive guidelines. Whereas Domestic policy issues concerning Immigration in the past have been fomulated by the legislative branch. This would almost certainly be shot down in US Supreme court if he did.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Recourse if this happens:

Quote:
    Recourse
    If Congress does not like what the executive branch is doing, it has two main options. First, it may rewrite or amend a previous law, or spell it out in greater detail how the Executive Branch must act. Of course, the President has the right to veto the bill if he disagrees with it, so, in practice, a 2/3 majority if often required to override an Executive Order.

Congress is less likely to challenge EOs that deal with foreign policy, national defense, or the implementation and negotiation of treaties, as these are powers granted largely to the President by the Constitution. As the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, the President is also considered the nation's "Chief Diplomat." In fact, given national security concerns, some defense or security related EOs (often called National Security Directives or Presidential Decision Directives) are not made public.

In addition to congressional recourse, Executive Orders can be challenged in court, usually on the grounds that the Order deviates from "congressional intent" or exceeds the President's constitutional powers. In one such notable instance, President Harry Truman, was rebuked by the Supreme Court for overstepping the bounds of presidential authority. After World War II, Truman seized control of steel mills across the nation in an effort to settle labor disputes. In response to a challenge of this action, the Supreme Court ruled that the seizure was unconstitutional and exceeded presidential powers because neither the Constitution or any statute authorized the President to seize private businesses to settle labor disputes. For the most part, however, the Court has been fairly tolerant of wide range of executive actions.

http://www.thisnation.com/question/040.html

Not only would his actions be unconstitutional, but there would be an uprising by American citizens.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well maybe after his little set down to the Supreme court in his state of the union address he won't get any co-operation from them.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Biggest threat and story I have EVER seen here at ALIPAC!!

This WILL cause a civil war!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Send a FREE FAX or email to President Obama through Californians for Population Stabilization (CAPS) below.

TAKE ACTION!

Tell President Obama you are opposed to his stealth amnesty plan

Stymied by their inability so far to pass an amnesty bill in Congress, open-border groups are now pushing President Obama to implement a de facto amnesty through an executive order. It would include a temporary halt to nearly all deportations and authority to issue work permits to illegal aliens.

The developments in the White House have reached the stage that Sen. Charles Grassley and seven other Senators felt compelled to write Obama and ask for a "commitment that the Administration has no plans to...change the current position of a large group of illegal aliens already in the United States, and ask that you respond to us about this matter as soon as possible."

The outrage of concerned Americans has thwarted efforts to pass an amnesty bill so far. Now we need you to act against this new threat.

Please click here to learn more and to take action.
    http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?al ... 46&type=PR

Received by email
    Date: 6/22/2010 3:2:10 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time

Related
    NumbersUSA Red Alert!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-203629.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is about to come on Megyn Kelley on Fox right now.

My biggest fear is that this action will result in civil unrest, martial law and suspension of the November elections. Obama isn't incompetent, he is an intelligent and evil man seeking the destruction of the United States.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

IF CONGRESS WON'T IMPEACH OBAMA, CAN WE THE PEOPLE DO IT I'M SERIOUS HERE. THIS MAN IS GOING TOO DAMN FAR WITH THIS, AND HE SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE A PROMISE LIKE THIS THAT HE KNEW HE COULDN'T KEEP. HE HAS TO BE STOPPED I REALLY WISH I COULD SAY ALL THAT I'M THINKING RIGHT NOW BUT SEEING THAT THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM I CAN'T. BUT I WILL SAY THIS, LET HIM GO AHEAD AND DO THIS, AND HE WILL SEE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE AND UNREST IN THIS COUNTRY

Banned

Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Biggest threat and story I have EVER seen here at ALIPAC!!

This WILL cause a civil war!!
    I agree completely... I am already In contact with some of my fellow veterans. Civil war Is Imminent If he trys to do this. The democratic party and the far left Soros people are pushing this,and It will be the END of the Democratic party In the United States. It could also be the end of our Republic under the Constitution. Why bother with a Congress when you can use an Executive order and become a DICTATOR. This Is getting beyond stupidity,and Impeachment should be Immediately considered for those that are Intentionally aiding and abettting Illegal Immigration to the detriment of all U.S born American citizens... TS

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Well maybe after his little set down to the Supreme court in his state of the union address he won't get any co-operation from them.
    NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT, THE SUPREME COURT GOT ON HIS @SS ABOUT SOMETHING YESTERDAY. AND WITH HIM PUTTING THE COUNTRY IN DANGER BY HIS REFUSAL TO SECURE THE BORDER AND USING IT AS A BARGAINING CHIP. THIS MAN IS OUT OF CONTROL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast