Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama, Clinton would consider suspending immigration raids

Obama, Clinton would consider suspending immigration raids
    Eunice Moscoso

During a Democratic presidential debate in Austin, Texas, Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton said they would consider suspending work site immigration raids until Congress passes an immigration overhaul which includes a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

Clinton said she would request such legislation in the first 100 days of her administration.

“When we see what’s been happening, with literally babies being left with no one to take care of them, children coming home from school, no responsible adult left, that is not the America that I know,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bush wanted this too and didn't get it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]Obama: “It is absolutely critical that we tone down the rhetoric when it comes to the immigration debate, because there has been an undertone that has been ugly. Oftentimes, it has been directed at the Hispanic community. We have seen hate crimes skyrocket in the wake of the immigration debate…and that is unacceptable.â€
    "

Where's the justice?

How is this not considered preferential treatment? Many of these illegals voluntarily agreed to self-deport and they reneged. Others were ordered to deport and defied the law. Now the Dems want to cater to their sensitivities by suspending raids. How in the hell are we supposed to enforce the law then? Didn't we already try asking nicely?

If I were given a summons to appear in criminal court and I defied it what would happen? A bench warrant would be issued and the cops would be on their way to arrest me. If there were a group of us all suspected to be in one place, they would raid it. How is it any different?

Since when do illegals deserve better treatment than citizens? What's the use in being a citizen if everyone else gets such preferential treatment?

Does the President have the power to suspend raids being carried out according to the laws of the United States?

So Clinton and Obama are both willing to suspend raids, like Bush already has mostly done, until McCain's bill can be passed.

Did I get that right?

W

Essentially, Obama and Clinton will hold America hostage and suspend the rule of law until we finally give in to amnesty.

That's how I read that statement.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Are they running for president of the United States or MEXICO???