Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama, Graham and Cardinal Mohoney honored at NCLR

http://nclr.org/content/news/detail/44598

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Mar 5, 2007

SENATOR OBAMA TO JOIN IN HONORING SEN. GRAHAM, REP. GUTIERREZ, AND CARDINAL MAHONY AT THE 2007 NCLR CAPITAL AWARDS

Washington, DC – Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) will join the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S., in honoring Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Representative Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), and Roger Cardinal Mahony at the 2007 NCLR Capital Awards gala on Tuesday, March 6 at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC. Senator Obama will give remarks at the opening reception beginning at 5:30 p.m.

“We are honored to recognize these three great leaders for the courage they have shown, and continue to show, in paving the way for true immigration reform,” said Janet Murguía, NCLR President and CEO. “Our nation needs this kind of leadership from the business, faith, labor, and community sectors to come together and work toward real solutions.”

Senator Graham and Representative Gutierrez will be recognized for their bipartisan efforts to enact comprehensive immigration reform legislation. NCLR will also present the Public Service Award to His Eminence Roger Cardinal Mahony, Archbishop of Los Angeles, for his long-standing commitment to immigrants and his efforts to combat anti-immigrant policies.

Joining NCLR in honoring these outstanding leaders will be their colleagues from Capitol Hill including Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Representatives Joe Baca (D-CA), Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus; Xavier Becerra (D-CA); Bob Filner (D-CA); Nydia Velázquez (D-NY); José Serrano (D-NY), Hilda Solis (D-CA); Al Green (D-TX); and Chris Cannon (R-UT). Also expected to attend are U.S. Treasurer Anna Cabral and Deputy Administrator of the Small Business Administration Jovita Carranza.

The gala begins with a reception at 5:30 p.m., which will be followed by the awards program and dinner at 6:30 p.m. Janet Murguía will also address the more than 700 persons who are expected to attend this year’s event. Citigroup is the Chair of the event, Vice Chairs are the Fannie Mae Foundation and Frito-Lay/PepsiCo, and Reception Sponsors are Comcast and Ford Motor Company.

News media interested in attending the event should contact Jacqueline Pacheco at (202) 785-1670 or jpacheco@nclr.org
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Senator Obama will give remarks at the opening reception beginning at 5:30 p.m.
    Will he adopt a Spanish accent for the occasion?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Lindsay Graham is a traiter! I hope they throw him out of office next election.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Always knew where Barack Obama was in this issue, siding with the pro-illegals and open border lobby. Just another Democratic traitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    Lindsay Graham is a traiter! I hope they throw him out of office next election.
    Isn't Graham up for re-election in 2008??Guess he let us know what side he is on, Now we should hound him to death with phone calls, faxes and e-mails, make him think about who's side he took!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm from South Carolina and I'm sorry to say I helped elect Graham with my vote. I can promise he won't see that vote again in 08 . I have constantly called his office, wrote emails and snail mail to him to no avail, hes dead set on this amnesty. We need to put these conniving politicians out of office.

Johnny
    <div class="entry-content">
    <div class="snap_preview">&ldquo;To the German Commander, Nuts! A.C. McAuliffe, Commanding.&rdquo;
    General A.C. McAuliffe
    </div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by johnny1966
    I'm from South Carolina and I'm sorry to say I helped elect Graham with my vote. I can promise he won't see that vote again in 08 . I have constantly called his office, wrote emails and snail mail to him to no avail, hes dead set on this amnesty. We need to put these conniving politicians out of office.

Johnny
    Welcome Johnny! Well we all make mistakes, mine was voting for our dirt bag commander and jefe because he was the lesser of the two evils.
    Its either going to be Hunter or Tancredo this time around.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

added to the homepage with a note about the National Council of the RACE!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... e&sid=1987
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Democrats who vote for Obama vote for open borders and amnesty for illegals. If you care anything about free speech and america please don't vote for this idot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Democrats who vote for Obama vote for open borders and amnesty for illegals. If you care anything about free speech and america please don't vote for this idot.
    This traitor is counting on amnesty being crammed down our throats before 2008 and Guiterrez has promised to deliver the hispanic vote, just as he promised and delivered for Daley. Mark my words.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast