Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama: Officials shouldn't 'demagogue' immigration issue

Aug 01, 2010

10:05 AM

President Obama said today that public officials who "demagogue" the immigration issue are only making it harder to address "a national problem."

Obama also defended his opposition to the Arizona immigration law during an interview on CBS Sunday Morning, and said his administration is trying to work with the state to better protect its border with Mexico.

"I understand the frustration of people in Arizona," Obama said. "But what we can't do is demagogue the issue, and what we can't do is allow a patchwork of 50 different states, or cities or localities, where anybody who wants to make a name for themselves suddenly says, 'I'm going to be anti-immigrant, and I'm going try to see if I can solve the problem ourself.' This is a national problem."

On another topic, Obama again pledged to call the Republicans' "bluff" on reducing the national debt, which could well involve taxes and major budget cuts.

"We've got a lot of debt," Obama said. "We've got a lot of deficit. Now the Republicans have said that this is their No. 1 concern. I'm going to call them on their bluff. I want to see their ideas for how we're going to deal with these issues. I'm going to have a bunch of ideas."

Here's how CBS described other parts of the interview, which will continue on The Early Show Monday morning:

The president said he is "stunned" that the GOP hasn't embraced ideas he said Republicans have endorsed in the past.

"We've put together a small business package that is as bipartisan a set of ideas as you can imagine, and these are all what historically have been not just Democratic ideas but Republican ideas, and all we've been hearing is "no" from the other side in the Senate," Mr. Obama said. "I am stunned that you can't get any Republican support for ideas that have been traditionally championed by not just Democrats but Republicans, and it's a sign of how politics is getting in the way of good decisions that will put our country in a much stronger position."
    ------------------------------------------
    Post comments @

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... on-issue/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Obama: Officials shouldn't 'demagogue' immigration issue

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Aug 01, 2010

10:05 AM

President Obama said today that public officials who "demagogue" the immigration issue are only making it harder to address "a national problem."

Obama also defended his opposition to the Arizona immigration law during an interview on CBS Sunday Morning, and said his administration is trying to work with the state to better protect its border with Mexico.

"I understand the frustration of people in Arizona," Obama said. "But what we can't do is demagogue the issue, and what we can't do is allow a patchwork of 50 different states, or cities or localities, where anybody who wants to make a name for themselves suddenly says, 'I'm going to be anti-immigrant, and I'm going try to see if I can solve the problem ourself.' This is a national problem."

On another topic, Obama again pledged to call the Republicans' "bluff" on reducing the national debt, which could well involve taxes and major budget cuts.

"We've got a lot of debt," Obama said. "We've got a lot of deficit. Now the Republicans have said that this is their No. 1 concern. I'm going to call them on their bluff. I want to see their ideas for how we're going to deal with these issues. I'm going to have a bunch of ideas."

Here's how CBS described other parts of the interview, which will continue on The Early Show Monday morning:

The president said he is "stunned" that the GOP hasn't embraced ideas he said Republicans have endorsed in the past.

"We've put together a small business package that is as bipartisan a set of ideas as you can imagine, and these are all what historically have been not just Democratic ideas but Republican ideas, and all we've been hearing is "no" from the other side in the Senate," Mr. Obama said. "I am stunned that you can't get any Republican support for ideas that have been traditionally championed by not just Democrats but Republicans, and it's a sign of how politics is getting in the way of good decisions that will put our country in a much stronger position."
    ------------------------------------------
    Post comments @

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... on-issue/1

I don't by that he has the say he is the the Big boss he can close the Border Now . if he want to but he waiting for the Nov vote . the ace In the hand. but we all will satnd by Gov Jan Brewer good luck Gov Jan don't back down now let the illegal Immigrants have a Party
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)