Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama pastor's theology: Destroy 'the white enemy'

Obama pastor's theology: Destroy 'the white enemy'
    'If God is not for us and against whites ... we had better kill him'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 17, 2008
    10:10 pm Eastern
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

Rev. Jeremiah Wright in interview last year on 'Hannity and Colmes'

Barack Obama's suddenly radioactive pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, has defended himself against charges of anti-Americanism and racism by referring to his foundational philosophy, the "black liberation theology" of scholars such as James Cone, who regard Jesus Christ as a "black messiah" and blacks as "the chosen people" who will only accept a god who assists their aim of destroying the "white enemy."

"If God is not for us and against white people," writes Cone, "then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill gods who do not belong to the black community."

Wright has not talked to media since video segments of his sermons over the past decade surfaced last week – including one in 2003 in which he encouraged blacks to damn America in God's name. But in a 2007 interview replayed on the Fox News Channel's "Hannity and Colmes" show Friday, he repeatedly fended off Sean Hannity's questions with an appeal to authority, asking if the host had read any of the books of Cone, professor at New York's Union Theological Seminary, or Dwight Hopkins, professor at the University of Chicago's Divinity School, notes the Asia Times columnist who writes under the pseudonym Spengler."

Obama, who has spoken of his pastor of more than 20 years as his mentor and moral compass, "wants to talk about what Wright is, rather than what he says," notes Spengler, by referring him as a "respected biblical scholar, and as someone who taught or lectured at seminaries across the country, from Union Theological Seminary to the University of Chicago."

But Spengler says "that way lies apolitical quicksand."

Cone, he points out, was the most prominent theologian in the "black liberation" school in the 1960s, teaching that Jesus Christ himself is black.

The theologian explains:

Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants.
    Rather than viewing God as a sovereign being who does as he wills according to his purposes, Cone insists God must do what we want him to do, or we must reject him.

What the black community wants, Cone says, is for God to assist in its goal of destroying "the white enemy."

Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill gods who do not belong to the black community
    ... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.

'I reject outright'

As WND reported yesterday, Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago has removed from the "About Us" page of its website a section outlining its radical belief system for blacks.

Obama issued a statement Friday referring to the taped statements from sermons, saying he strongly condemned and denounced "some inflammatory and appalling remarks [Wright] made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents."

Despite having been at the church for two decades, Obama said he was not in attendance when Wright made any of the statements and never heard such talk in private conversations.

"Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy," Obama said. "I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue."

Late Friday, Wright stepped down from his formal role in Obama's campaign, as a member of his African American Religious Leadership Committee.

Stamp of approval

Spengler pointed out that in his response to Hannity, Wright "genuinely seemed to believe that the authority of Cone and Hopkins, who now hold important posts at liberal theological seminaries, was sufficient to make the issue go away."

"His faith in the white establishment is touching; he honestly cannot understand why the white reporters at Fox News are bothering him when the University of Chicago and the Union Theological Seminary have put their stamp of approval on black liberation theology," Spengler says.

It's possible, Spengler continues, that Obama "does not believe a word of what Wright, Cone and Hopkins teach."

"Perhaps he merely used the Trinity United Church of Christ as a political stepping-stone," he writes. "African-American political life is centered around churches, and his election to the Illinois state Senate with the support of Chicago's black political machine required church membership. Trinity United happens to be Chicago's largest and most politically active black church."

It seems unlikely Obama would identify with the ideological fits of the black-power movement of the 1960s," Spengler says.

"Obama does not come to the matter with the perspective of an American black, but of the child of a left-wing anthropologist raised in the Third World. ... It is possible that because of the Wright affair Obama will suffer for what he pretended to be, rather than for what he really is."
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=59230
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Obama issued a statement Friday referring to the taped statements from sermons, saying he strongly condemned and denounced "some inflammatory and appalling remarks [Wright] made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents."
    Could Obama not condemn these words and survive??? (Not that you will survive this anyway, and IMO... you shouldn't!!!) More lies!!!!
    Stop trying to act like the good guy Obama, when you are just as corrupt as the other two your running against!!! YOU ALL THREE DISGUST ME!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OH YEAH . All 3 disgust me also . This is the pits, No Body to vote for
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

ahhhh, and they call us racist because we want our border secured for the protection of all Americans.
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

I have seen liberals argue, with a straight face, that it is only possible for white people to be racist. It is impossible to talk sense with people.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Wow this says it all:

"Rather than viewing God as a sovereign being who does as he wills according to his purposes, Cone insists God must do what we want him to do, or we must reject him."

You don't get it buster you already have.

See his promise to the nations through Abraham:

I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you ALL the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Gen 12:3 (NKJV)

Abraham descendant the Messiah will save ANYONE who believes in him. He is preaching against God's word. Man I'm glad I'm not him.

Paul makes it clear there is no distinction between people who are believers:

Sons and Heirs

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
    27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
    28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
    Gal 3:26-29 (NKJV)

10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,

11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all.
    Col 3:10-11 (NKJV)

This man does not preach God's word he preaches his own. He is making a secular argument trying to use the Bible for his own means. This is extremely dangerous.

This issue does not require any serious analysis. The man said what he said! It has not been taken out of context, it's not a "black experience thing" it's not overzealous enthusiam while at the pulpet. These are excuses that I have heard this week through the MSM and those guests they invited on various shows to justify and it appears to me, to defend the statements of Wright.

These are flat out raciest statements that would not be tolerated if they were made by a white pastor, when describing any other segment of our society. He would be branded a raciest and that would be the end of the story. There would be no debate, discussion, or justification regarding these statements. It would simply be over and any candidate who was a not only a member, but it appears a close friend, would be finished in his run for office.

It appears that once again, Obama will be allowed to wiggle his way out of this and will get a pass for his association with not only a raciest, but a man who seems to have a dangerous and distorted view of what it means to be an American and live in this country.

Perhaps he merely used the Trinity United Church of Christ as a political stepping-stone," he writes. "African-American political life is centered around churches, and his election to the Illinois state Senate with the support of Chicago's black political machine required church membership. Trinity United happens to be Chicago's largest and most politically active black church."
    Sounds like another excuse to justify a 20 year relationship with not a church, but a cult that promotes a raciest agenda.

In addition, if this so called church is the most"politically active" black church, then what type of message are those politicians promoting who begin their political careers as members of this so called church and rise through the ranks of political leadership. This may explain some of perceived Anti-American views Obama seems to embrace, such as his habit of not covering his heart with his right hand during the pledge of allegiance, or his apparent refusal to wear an American Flag Jacket Lapel.

These things may not mean anything in of themselves, but taken in context with his association with Trinity Church, they could be significant, and certainly justify further scrutiny.

And how come the name Louis Farrakhan seems to come to mind when the name Pastor Wright comes up. What is the connection if any to Trinity and the Nation of Islam.

If whites were as terrible as this preacher says, why would any non-white person choose to remain in the USA or Europe or Australia? And why would so many non-whites seek so fervently to move to white countries?

After all, we do not build fences to keep people from leaving but rather to try to limit the number of people seeking entry. Do people scale fences or build tunnels to break into a prision?

I think these racist pastors should be told that if they don't love America, why don't they leave it and go to a predominantly non-white country like Haiti or Liberia?
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Matthew 7:15
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 24:11
    And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Trinity United happens to be Chicago's largest... black church."
    Gogo,

Your so right about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    This man does not preach God's word he preaches his own. He is making a secular argument trying to use the Bible for his own means. This is extremely dangerous.
    Revelations 22:18-21
    18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Dixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast