Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama pledges support for Schumer, Graham on immigration

Obama pledges support for Schumer, Graham on immigration

President Barack Obama vowed to continue partnering with congressional leaders on comprehensive immigration reform.

Obama, after a meeting with Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who are working to craft a comprehensive immigration bill, pledged support for the senators and other leaders to craft an immigration reform bill.

"Today I met with Senators Schumer and Graham and was pleased to learn of their progress in forging a proposal to fix our broken immigration system," Obama said in a statement following the meeting. "I look forward to reviewing their promising framework, and every American should applaud their efforts to reach across party lines and find commonsense answers to one of our most vexing problems."

Schumer and Graham have been working to put together a bill to win bipartisan support, upon which some congressional leaders have hoped to move this year.

Obama said that he's optimistic that a coalition of grassroots groups was "building momentum" for reform, and said he'd partner with Schumer, Graham, and community leaders going forward.

"I told both the Senators and the community leaders that my commitment to comprehensive immigration reform is unwavering, and that I will continue to be their partner in this important effort," the president said.

http://bit.ly/dnHt0l
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal Immigration

This November we have to remove all those Democrats from office because they support amnesty. And in 2012, let's remove Barack Obama from office as well. That will send a huge message that we will never accept amnesty.

Re: Illegal Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by immigration2009
    This November we have to remove all those Democrats from office because they support amnesty. And in 2012, let's remove Barack Obama from office as well. That will send a huge message that we will never accept amnesty.
    But what if amnesty passes before the November elections?
    I am scared. I am really, really scared.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

The President of the United States has the power to "Fix" our "broken" immigration system at any moment by honoring his oath of office and the US Constitution by adequately enforcing our existing immigration laws.

TRANSLATING OBAMA: I look forward to working with Schumer and Graham in service to the same financial elites that own each of us to get congress to rubber stamp the amnesty I'm already creating by breaking our immigration systems through non enforcement of existing laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Roger Hedgecock was again teeing off on the Obama/Schumer/Graham amnesty scheme and especially the biometric card today -- saying that biometric cards would be easy to counterfeit. He says he will have a column on these issues tomorrow in Human Events.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)