Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama supports driver's licenses for IAs, misleads

Barack Obama supports driver's licenses for illegal aliens, misleads about incentives

On this video from tonight's CNN Democratic debate ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXYYIdjjFg ), Barack Obama does a partial Hillary Clinton on driver's licenses for illegal aliens, before unequivocally supporting them (followed only by, "but, I am going to be fighting for comprehensive immigration reform"; the "but" part generated peals of laughter from the audience).

In addition to his chances being damaged by the fumbling, it would be nice if the other statements he made were damaging as well:

...the problem we have here is not driver's licenses. Undocumented workers don't come here to drive... they're not coming here to go to the In-N-Out Burger [1]... that's not the reason they're here, they're here to work. And, so, instead of being distracted by what has now become a wedge issue, let's focus on actually solving the problem that this administration, the Bush administration, has done nothing about...

There are at least five - yes, five - things wrong with that statement that I, had I been moderating, would have called Obama on:

1. First and most minor, they're illegal aliens, not "undocumented workers".

2. Isn't Obama actually welcoming the current situation? Doesn't he actually want those illegal aliens to remain here, and does he actually consider it that important an issue that millions of foreign citizens have come here illegally? Isn't he an apologist for the current situation?

3. The Bush administration hasn't just "done nothing about" illegal immigration, they've actively encouraged, enabled, and promoted it. And, the Democrats have done the same. Perhaps Obama would like to enumerate all the steps that Democratic Party leaders took to try to prevent the current situation from developing (here's an eighth-page of paper where he can write it down).

4. Just because they aren't coming here for driver's licenses and other goodies doesn't mean that those don't play a part. If, for instance, people in foreign lands knew that they wouldn't be able to work here, get welfare benefits, get educations, get driver's licenses or even get library cards, very few would try to come here. The more incentives are offered to illegal aliens, the greater their ability to live here. So, while driver's licenses might not be the main draw, they do play a role in increasing illegal immigration, at least to those states that offer them. Obama is being intellectually dishonest (assuming he can even figure that out in the first place).

5. The solution to the problem offered by Obama will only make the situation worse through things such as discouraging respect for our laws, encouraging even more illegal immigration, giving even more political power to racial demagogues and to foreign governments, and so on.

It's good that Wolf Blitzer's questions resulted in Barack Obama being derided, but it would have been even better if he had helped end his political career by pointing out how misleading he is.
    http://lonewacko.com/blog/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Buh-bye Obama, No White House for you!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Obama, posterboy for Move on.org, NCLR, CAIR and all the other Leftwing Dingbats, i hope he gets the nomination
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

MW
    Regardless of what the Hildabeast said last night in the debate, I honestly believe she supports it too. Yes, I'm calling her a liar.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Regardless of what the Hildabeast said last night in the debate, I honestly believe she supports it too. Yes, I'm calling her a liar.
    It's the hildabeast (I like that term) double speak. She says she is against providing licenses to undocumented immigrants (illegal aliens) but she fully supports Comprehensive Immigration Reform (Amnesty). Therefore, if she becomes president, there will be no "undocumented immigrants" since she will make sure they all get Amnesty which legalizes their presence. Therefore she will never give licenses to illegal aliens because there will never be any!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Buh-bye Obama, No White House for you!
    Here's to hope! I can't bring myself to trust Obama or Hitlary.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada