Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama talks to Piolin about Immigration Reform.

Obama on the Line: President Reaches Out to Latino and African American Radio
    By Krissah Thompson
    As President Obama has traveled the country talking up his plans to boost the economy, he's also made a point of reaching out to two constituencies that rallied behind his candidacy, calling in to radio programs popular with Latinos and African Americans.

"Nothing's more powerful than radio in terms of reaching the grass roots," he told Warren Ballentine, who hosts a syndicated show on black talk radio networks, today. And he also called in for a conversation with Eddie "PiolĂ*n" Sotelo, the popular host of widely syndicated Spanish-language morning program "Piolin por la Manana," who pressed Obama on the issue of immigration.

"Politically it's going to be tough. It's probably tougher now than it was partly because of the fact the economy has been getting worse," Obama warned Sotelo.

"What I've got to do is I've got to focus on the economy," Obama continued. "I've got to focus on housing to make sure people feel a little bit more secure and at the same time get the various immigrants' rights groups together and have them begin providing some advice in terms of what strategies we're going to pursue in Congress."

Asked about the high African American unemployment rate by Ballantine, Obama said the economic stimulus is designed to save or create three million jobs.

"Part of what we also want to do though is train people to get some of these new jobs," Obama said. "For example, we want to weatherize a million homes around the county to cut people's energy bills. So, I want to train some of these young people who are standing on street corners or are about to drop out of high school so that they can do some of this work."

Both radio hosts gushed a bit, played applause tracks for Obama -- and asked for invitations to the White House.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/200 ... nt_re.html

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Like I said... I will move to the first decent state that breaks from this corrupt Banana Republic
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Politically" "strategies" ... This just shows that to Obama this is all about politics, not what's good public policy or best for the millions of suffering & unemployed blue collar Americans. And he's darn right that he can expect a huge uproar from the people if he peddles amnesty.

p.s. I wonder if Obama's FCC Chairman is going to slap the fairness doctrine or "localism" on piolin or if this just applies to conservative talk radio??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

More on Piolin's interview with Obama.
    From the Pro-illegal website FIRM:

http://fairimmigration(DOT)wordpress.com/2009/02/18/el-piolin-interviews-president-obama/#more-2890

Q Thanks a lot, Mr. President. We have Mr. President Barack Obama with us. And let me tell you this, Mr. President; I'm sure you know, but it's important to let you know once again, we make a big contribution to our country from all across art, music, labor. And most important a lot of Hispanics are in Iraq defending the United States, even without being American citizen.

THE PRESIDENT: Right.

Q We need your help.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I've said every time I've been on the show, PiolĂ*n, we're going to make sure that we begin the process of dealing with the immigration system that's broken.

We're going to start by really trying to work on how to improve the current system so that people who want to be naturalized, who want to become citizens, like you did, that they are able to do it; that it's cheaper, that it's faster, that they have an easier time in terms of sponsoring family members.

And then we've got to have comprehensive immigration reform. Now, you know, we need to get started working on it now. It's going to take some time to move that forward, but I'm very committed to making it happen. And we're going to be convening leadership on this issue so that we can start getting that legislation drawn up over the next several months.

Q Mr. President, is there some sort of network we could establish to be in communication regarding the comprehensive immigration reform, and personally what can I do?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, you know, the key thing right now is obviously we've got to make sure that all the people who are involved in immigration reform issues, that they sit down together and they start thinking about how we're going to approach this problem. Politically it's going to be tough. It's probably tougher now than it was, partly because of the fact that the economy has gotten worse. So what I've got to do is I've got to focus on the economy, I've got to focus on housing, and make sure that people feel a little bit more secure; at the same time, get the various immigrant rights groups together and have them start providing some advice in terms of what strategies we're going to pursue in Congress.

Q That's one of the things, Mr. President, I would like to happen. I'm working for media and knowing that our people worked so much. And, you know, they came out from the houses, going to work - scary because they don't even know if they're going to be deported. And can we try to establish like a signal, like a network - for example, I like what you did with the financial - financial people, that you set it up, for example - the newspaper from LA, is part of that - those groups of advisors, financial advisors that you put - I like the idea. How can we have kind of like the thing where I can receive information? What do we need to do so we can receive a comprehensive reform?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we've got some wonderful people on my White House staff who are working on this issue on an ongoing basis. And what we'll do is we'll make sure that one of those people can appear on your program on a regular basis, giving you information about what we're doing. And hopefully at some point you'll be able to come visit us at the White House.

Q Any time, Mr. President. And I would like to be there when you sign the comprehensive immigration reform.

Every blog or newspaper site we post on or radio show we call into etc., we should hammer home how bad amnesty for 7 million illegal workers would be for unemployed American blue collar workers and their families. How Obama and the Democrats are hypocritical for claiming they support American workers and wanting to create 3-4 million new jobs, while at the same time pushing amnesty policies which would hurt U.S. workers and give many of these jobs to illegal aliens.

We must not let Obama, Reid, Pelosi et al. escape their hypocrisy and deceitfulness on this.

"What I've got to do is I've got to focus on the economy," Obama continued. "I've got to focus on housing to make sure people feel a little bit more secure and at the same time get the various immigrants' rights groups together and have them begin providing some advice in terms of what strategies we're going to pursue in Congress."

Hey Obama! How about gathering round some US citizens and have US provide you with some advice in terms of what strategies "we're going to pursue in Congress".

Oh, and Obama! You aren't in the Congress any more. You're the Chief Executive Officer of the United States sworn by fumbled oath to uphold the US Constitution and enforce the laws of the people of the United States.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Asked about the high African American unemployment rate by Ballantine, Obama said the economic stimulus is designed to save or create three million jobs.
    That's nice, but at the same time you failed to protect American workers by refusing to include EVerify in your Ponzi scheme.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

I can see the headlines now:

"Obama keeps his promise"

And the subtitle:

"Obama saves the last 3 million jobs in America"

And the intro:

"Obama keeps his promise and saves the last 3 million jobs in America filling them all with non-citizens in full accord with international treason treaties."

And the closing:

"At a fancy luncheon at the Plaza Hotel on Friday, the United Nations Committee on Global Employment issued Obama the coveted and distinguished Global Medal of Treachery for his bravery and tenacity in completing the economic destruction of the United States, once and for all."

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Remember, since the Democrats stripped E-Verify from the stimulus, the Heritage Foundation reports that 300,000 jobs created with OUR tax dollars will go to illegal aliens instead of to U.S citizens and legal workers.

So much for the campaign promises " we have got to stop listening to the lobbyist and special Interest groups" so now that he is elected he wants to get them all together so they can give him advice on the most controversial subject in the U.S..

I can not count the Lies or promises broken since he became President and I am sick of them acting like ,oh that was just campaign rehtoric...like no big deal...HELLLLOOO THOSE WERE PROMISES HE USED TO GET ELECTED!!!! What scum these people are!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast