Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama: U.S. Can't "Demagogue" Immigration

August 1, 2010 1:21 AM
    Obama: U.S. Can't "Demagogue" Immigration
    Posted by Alex Sundby
    1 comments

Mr. Obama spoke with CBS "Early Show" Anchor Harry Smith in an interview scheduled to be broadcast in parts on Sunday and Monday.

The interview comes after the Obama administration scored a major victory in its fight to strike down an Arizona law that, among other things, makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally. Last week, a federal judge issued a preliminary injunction preventing the most controversial parts of the law from going into effect.

As National Guard troops start heading to the U.S.-Mexico border this month under direction from the administration, Mr. Obama told Smith he wants to work with Arizona.

"I understand the frustration of people in Arizona," Mr. Obama said. "But what we can't do is demagogue the issue, and what we can't do is allow a patchwork of 50 different states, or cities or localities, where anybody who wants to make a name for themselves suddenly says, 'I'm going to be anti-immigrant, and I'm going try to see if I can solve the problem ourself.' This is a national problem."

The president also told Smith he was going to call Republicans "on their bluff" on ways to reduce the national debt.

"We've got a lot of debt," Mr. Obama said. "We've got a lot of deficit. Now the Republicans have said that this is their No. 1 concern. I'm going to call them on their bluff. I want to see their ideas for how we're going to deal with these issues. I'm going to have a bunch of ideas."

The president said he is "stunned" that the GOP hasn't embraced ideas he said Republicans have endorsed in the past.

"We've put together a small business package that is as bipartisan a set of ideas as you can imagine, and these are all what historically have been not just Democratic ideas but Republican ideas, and all we've been hearing is "no" from the other side in the Senate," Mr. Obama said. "I am stunned that you can't get any Republican support for ideas that have been traditionally championed by not just Democrats but Republicans, and it's a sign of how politics is getting in the way of good decisions that will put our country in a much stronger position."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Mr. Obama, traitor in chief and supreme dictator, we are not demagoging immigration, we are demagoging YOU for rewarding foreign invaders with OUR citizenship, for working non stop to trash our Constitution and God given liberties, for working to turn the greatest, most enlightened country in world history which us and out ancestors have built into just another 3rd world dump.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Mr. Obama, traitor in chief and supreme dictator, we are not demagoging immigration, we are demagoging YOU for rewarding foreign invaders with OUR citizenship, for working non stop to trash our Constitution and God given liberties, for working to turn the greatest, most enlightened country in world history which us and out ancestors have built into just another 3rd world dump.
    Concise......and correct!

The joke here is he DOES NOT understand the frustration of the citizens of Arizona, period. This elitist president is so far removed reality it is pathetic. All he is looking for is his next voting block.

no barack, you do NOT understand the problems in Arizona because you have never been there before or talked to anyone.
    you do not understand what the american people want and demand from you and your administration because you dont want to understand. you dont care about the rule of law. you never have

Just imagine if political officials weren't elected but got into office according to who would do the job the cheapest.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Pretty much sums everything up In a nutshell.... well said bowman..

h47

Any (so-called) American President who takes sides with illegal immigrants is a traitor without a doubt.

Based on his support for illegal immigrants, Obama does indeed need to be arrested for TREASON.
    "Illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are foreign intruders"... Jean Baptiste Truong
    NO amnesty for illegal aliens.
    Arrest and deport illegal aliens back to their own country.