Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama "Walks the Walk" on Supporting Illegal Immig

July 23, 2007
    Obama "Walks the Walk" on Supporting Illegal Immigration
    Rick Moran
    Appearing in Miami before La Raza, the largest Hispanic lobbying group in the country, Senator Barak Obama touted his credentials as a supporter of illegal immigration:
    Sen. Barack Obama told the nation's largest Hispanic advocacy group yesterday that he earned their support for his presidential campaign by marching in last year's May 1 immigrant rallies and challenged them to learn whether others met that standard.

"Find out how many senators appeared before an immigration rally last year. Who was talking the talk, and who walked the walk — because I walked," Mr. Obama said at the National Council of La Raza's annual convention in Miami Beach. "I didn't run away from the issue, and I didn't just talk about it in front of Latino audiences."

The Illinois Democrat said the recent Senate immigration debate "was both ugly and racist in a way we haven't see since the struggle for civil rights."
    Those rallies were clearly hijacked by the open borders lobby and sought to legitimize the lawbreaking done by illegal immigrants by agitating for amnesty. And the strategy of tarring their political opponents as "racist" for supporting measures that would keep the border from becoming a crossing point for terrorists as well as standing up for the rule of law is outrageous. Even pandering to increase his share of the Hispanic vote is no excuse for that kind of insulting rhetoric.

The intent. of course, is to cut off further debate on the issue - something the open borders crowd would dearly love since most Americans oppose their suicidal ideas about immigration. Obama may raise his standing among Hispanics with that kind of rhetoric. But it won't help him in many other areas of the country. And given that he is so far behind Hillary Clinton in the national polls, it may not be good politics to get so many so mad at you.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/200 ... uppor.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm wondering if Oprah thinks Obama is some kind of God-send now? Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen her cheerleading for him since he became so blatantly pro-illegal, pro LaRaza.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)