Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Obama's Town Hall on Education Veers into Immigration Issues

Speaking Monday to a diverse audience of students and parents at a town hall hosted by Univision, the Spanish-language television network, President Barack Obama called for fewer standardized tests and said that school performance should be measured in other ways.

"Too often what we have been doing is using these tests to punish students," the president said, from Bell Multicultural High School in Washington, D.C.

Obama, who is pushing a rewrite of the nation's education law that would ease some of its rigid measurement tools, said policymakers should find a test that "everybody agrees makes sense" and administer it in less pressure-packed atmospheres, potentially every few years instead of annually.

At the same time, Obama said, schools should be judged on criteria other than student test performance, including attendance rate.

"One thing I never want to see happen is schools that are just teaching the test, because then you're not learning about the world, you're not learning about different cultures, you're not learning about science, you're not learning about math," the president said. "All you're learning about is how to fill out a little bubble on an exam and little tricks that you need to do in order to take a test and that's not going to make education interesting."

Related Links
    “Our Schools Are the Ones Where There are More Problemsâ€

Its sad when the leader of the free world won't adress america on these issues but instead shares his opinions with people from other countries. I guess it goes to show his contempt for the rest of us! (No worries sir I feel the same about you). I don't want this man determining what my child learns in school!

Speaking Monday to a diverse audience of students and parents at a town hall hosted by Univision, the Spanish-language television network, President Barack Obama called for fewer standardized tests and said that school performance should be measured in other ways.
    In a sign of the complexity of the issue, the town hall with a heavily Hispanic audience planned by the Administration to focus public discussion on education — especially among Latinos — veered into a discussion of immigration policy as well.
    Diverse audience?!?! They're kidding, right?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Obama

"At the same time, Obama said, schools should be judged on criteria other than student test performance, including attendance rate."

Spoken like a man who got marks and degrees he did not deserve.

Let me pick his surgeon who we pushed through without good test marks because we are politically correct.

Is anyone surprised that he's already campaigning on your dime?

Come on, just last week or so, Obama went on national TV to talk about Japan and it quickly turned into a campaign stump speech about gas prices and the economy...

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Sounds like the promotion of dumbing down our education more so than it already is

Sounds like he wants a nation of toilet cleaners and not rocket scientists

This idiot is pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    [quote:22nu8v7n]In a sign of the complexity of the issue, the town hall with a heavily Hispanic audience planned by the Administration to focus public discussion on education — especially among Latinos — veered into a discussion of immigration policy as well.
    Diverse audience?!?! They're kidding, right? [/quote:22nu8v7n]

Of course it was M! Univision and those who support la raza have a much different definition of diversity than most. To them, diversity means a majority hispanic to the exclusion of all others!

That's their definition of diversity!

Related.
    You Tube Video Link posted here

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-232716.html

Banned
    Obama, who is pushing a rewrite of the nation's education law that would ease some of its rigid measurement tools, said policymakers should find a test that "everybody agrees makes sense" and administer it in less pressure-packed atmospheres, potentially every few years instead of annually.

At the same time, Obama said, schools should be judged on criteria other than student test performance, including attendance rate.
    I AM SO APPALLED I CAN BARELY TYPE! EASE RIGID MEASUREMENT TOOLS???? IN OTHER WORDS "LOWER THE STANDARD OR BETTER YET....SET NO STANDARD!!!"

TEST EVERY FEW YEARS???? WHY TEST AT ALL??? PASS 'EM ALL ON HEIGHT AND AGE!!! BRILLIANT!!!!

"All you're learning about is how to fill out a little bubble on an exam and little tricks that you need to do in order to take a test....."
    AND WHO WOULD KNOW THIS BETTER THAN BO???

THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA IS IN FULL BLOOM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZres
    THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA IS IN FULL BLOOM!!!!
    "Huh?"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast