Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sanctuary law back before council
    December 5, 2008
    Cindy Leise | The Chronicle-Telegram

OBERLIN — City Council might be headed toward passing a revised sanctuary law regarding illegal immigrants at tonight’s meeting because it now passes muster with Oberlin Police Chief Thomas Miller, according to several city officials.

The new form of the resolution removes the strict prohibition against Oberlin employees — including police officers — from asking about anyone’s immigration status, according to City Manager Eric Norenberg.

Instead, the resolution states it shall be “the general practiceâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's interesting to note that this restaurant that employs illegal aliens, mostly (so I heard on a Cleveland radio station) giving it's employees the choice between a very stingy hourly pay OR tips...but not both..is directly across the street from City Hall...which also houses the police station! I bet they all go there for lunch.

Another interesting note: Noremburg is from Phoenix, AZ...so it's not like he doesn't know what happens when an area allows illegal aliens. I read an article online where he apparently bilked the city out of a few thousand dollars upon his departure. There was, of course, a loophole that he decided to take advantage of at taxpayers' expense.

I'll be attendiing that meeting tonight and Dixie has given me some wonderful documentation to take with me.

I will also be informing city council that, since they want to cherry pick which laws to enforce...and since I only live 10 miles from there...and since I'm an old street rodder with a lead foot to this day, when I pass through Oberlin, I will have the pedal to the metal and if they decide to ticket me...and since my neice is an attorney, I'll be suing the socks off Oberlin and the Police Department as well as the arresting officer. I'll not have my driver's license with me, since we apparently get to cherry pick laws now. And if any member of my family is hurt by an illegal alien in this area, if that illegal lives in Oberlin...me and my neice will sue Oberlin to Kingdom Come! I will also be watching locally to see if anyone else is harmed by an illegal alien and I will be looking up their family to advise them of their right to sue Oberlin.

I have also sent the resolution to Judicial Watch and IRLI, asking them to look into it!

latest article added to homepage with note

Ohio Town Trying To Become Sanctuary for Illegal Aliens!

ALIPAC NOTE: All ALIPAC supporters in Ohio are encouraged to contact these council members and lobby them not to make Oberlin a sanctuary city.

http://www.alipac.us/article3871.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oberlin--

The last I knew, Oberlin is in the USA. Their elected officials are bound by oath and law to uphold our country. I do not live in Oberlin, but it was, the last time I looked at a a map, in my country. I insist that they uphold the law. I DEMAND, (Gosh, that may make you think I am an illegal alien), that the citizens of Oberlin insist on the laws of our country being enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    latest article added to homepage with note

Ohio Town Trying To Become Sanctuary for Illegal Aliens!

ALIPAC NOTE: All ALIPAC supporters in Ohio are encouraged to contact these council members and lobby them not to make Oberlin a sanctuary city.

http://www.alipac.us/article3871.html
    Thank you! People need to know all over this nation what is going on here.

They fight to TAKE AWAY JOBS AND LIVES from AMERICAN CITIZENS everyday until its all gone!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Immigration resolution moves toward final vote

OBERLIN — A resolution giving noncitizens equal access to city services was criticized at Monday’s City Council meeting by opponents of illegal immigration, even though supporters of the resolution said it no longer resembles a sanctuary law.

The amended resolution passed 5-to-1 on its second reading and heads to a third reading at the Jan. 20 Council meeting.

Those speaking against the resolution included Walter Thompson of Oberlin, who asked Council about the impact of the resolution on schools, hospitals and clinics, social service agencies and taxpayers of the city and county.

Thompson asked Council to survey citizens on the proposal, which states it would be “the general practice of the city of Oberlin not to inquire about the immigration status of crime victims, witnesses or others who call or approach city staff seeking assistance.â€

We are trying to get a petition going now to Oberlin residents, asking that they hold off on this and bring it up for a vote by the citizens of this town in May. This was suggested to me by a local politician.

The meeting went the same way last night that it has before. The same ones "for" it and the same ones "against" it in the city government. Their poor police chief and one councilman, Ron Rimbert against it.

Please take a few minutes and call these people. They have NO idea what they're bringing down on our heads throughout this area. They are almost completely uneducated about it. It was the Catholic Charities and a professor from Oberlin College who brought this up in the first place.

I got a huge amount of information together for them and delivered it to them last night and asked that a copy be provided for their Police Chief "so he knows what's coming at him."

If you know of any other sites where you can post this info and ask for help, I would really and truly appreciate it!!

City Council Contact Info:

Council President - David Sonner - dsonner@cityofoberlin.com 440-774-4122
    Vice President - Jack Baumann - jackbaumann@cityofoberlin.com 440-774-1918

Council Members:
    Ronnie Rimbert - rrimbert@cityofoberlin.com 440-775-2343
    Charles Peterson - cpeterson@cityofoberlin.com 440-774-4278
    David Ashenhurst - dashenhurst@cityofoberlin.com 440-774-7500
    Sharon Soucy - ssoucy@cityofoberlin.com 440-775-4031
    Scott Broadwell - sbroadwell@cityofoberlin.com 440-775-4241

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12