Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OBL will ask Felipe Calderon for money and political help.

TRANSLATED FROM:
    http://www.laopinion.com/ciudad/?rkey=0 ... 0003108070

A few days from the first visit of the president Felipe Calderon to Los Angeles, community organizations prepare a list of demands that contemplates, mainly, more economic, legal, and political support, for the purpose of supporting the defense of the guarantees of the Mexicans situated in this country.

Members from the Migrant Parliament and authorities of the general consulate of Mexico in this city met behind closed doors this week to speak —among others aspects— of the next arrival of the President.

Some assistants underlined that, although the consul in charge, Mario Velázquez, insisted that the tour of Calderon is not official yet—since the Mexican Senate has not appoved it —, he asked them that they devise a list of requests to the Mexican president.

Next Friday, January 31, day in which they will meet authorities of the consulate and common leaders, points will be discussed that will be exposed to the President.

The coordinator of community Relations of the Counsel of Mexican Confederacies in North America (COFEM), Roberto Bravo, considered that one of the main orders to Calderon should be that he be involved more in the change of the migratory laws of this country.

In this sense, he indicated that the Mexican government has to consider the creation of an economic fund that pays the expenses of the organizations, for example, visits to treat migratory matters.

Although Bravo argued that the economic support should be delivered only "to organizations that show the expense of that money".

The director of Hermandad Mexicana, Gloria Saucedo, mentioned that the President should be focused in lobbying, in the search of a migratory reform for millions of undocumented and to ask to the Administration of George W. Bush that stop the raids.

In turn, the consultative counselor of the Institute of Mexicans Abroad (IME), Carlos de Avila, declared that he will request the integration of "a powerful legal body", to defend the rights of the Mexicans in this side of the border.

"Which will immediately be defending the Mexicans in the raids and challenging Anti-immigrant laws", he emphasized.

On the other hand, De Avila asked the second ruler of the rows of the National Action Party, to permit that the negotiation for a migratory reform be done by the Mexicans that live in this country, "without hindrances".

Aviles clarified that "those who know the problems of the migrants are not them, the researches, but we the migrants".

In the meeting with Velázquez, the Migrant Parliament had requested to permit them to meet regularly in one of the offices of the consulate, but the minister decided that it was better to do the petition through the Office of the secretary of Foreign Affairs (SRE).

Banned
    If this isn't interference in our affairs by a hostile foreign govt
    I don't know what is

If this isn't interference in our affairs by a hostile foreign govt
    I don't know what is
    Just what I was thinking. Calderone should be investing in his own people and preparing for the economic and legal challenges of his people returning. His nose has no business what-so-ever here. Notice how this is in Chicago? Ummmm.....when was Chicago ever a part of Mexico? Wonder what role the new church refugee will have in this visit or if it's a convenient set-up?

Sorry.....I had heard somewhere he was comming to Chicago too.....got my stories blended here. I heard it on the radio and have been looking for the article to support it. Something about if America does anything to any of it's people here is war with Mexico. Everything else was pretty much the same as this article. Forgive my feeble mind.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why is anyone surprised. I have suspected Mexican Money is behind the pro-illegal movement for a very long time.

Someone is paying for all the lawyers and political favors, court decisions that usually seem to be Pro-Mexico and their illegal citizens living here.

Mexico has a VESTED interest in making sure this country does not interfere by inacting laws which would enable their illegals to come to this country and make money.

After all, I believe Mexico's 2nd or 3rd highest source of GNP is the re-admittances sent back to Mexico by the illegals living in this country. In addition, it's a win win for Mexico. They get to export their poor and uneducated to the US and those same uneducated and poor actually send money back to Mexico, virtually supporting that country. Of course he is going to protect that interest!

Therefore, why would anyone be suprised if Calderon throws a ton of money at those here who want to fight his cause. What is surprising is that our elected officials just stand by and allow it to happen.

The best possible scenario is that Calderon comes here and says some things which are over the top(not sure what that means anymore on this issue) that will possibly alarm, anger those in middle America or those who are sympathatic to the plight of the illegal who finally begin to take this threat seriously for what it is. An invasion by Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)