Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Officers arrest 10 suspected illegal aliens on I-96

Officers arrest 10 suspected illegal aliens on I-96
    By Lisa Roose-Church
    DAILY PRESS & ARGUS

Michigan State Police at the Brighton post arrested 10 suspected illegal aliens from Mexico and Guatemala on Sunday.

Trooper Jason Nemecek was working with the Livingston
    and Washtenaw Narcotics Enforcement Team during a highway narcotics interdiction effort on Interstate 96 when he made a traffic stop east of Chilson Road on a full-size Ford van for having tinted windows.

The van was occupied by 10 individuals who "spoke little or no English," police said.

Through assistance with the Michigan State Police Operations Center in East Lansing, officers were able to use Language Line — which provides interpreters by using the telephone — to assist in identifying the 10 individuals. Those conversations found that all 10 occupants — nine men and one woman — were above the age of 18 and were illegal aliens from Mexico or Guatemala, police said.

Police believe the group consisted of day laborers passing through the county. Their destination was not known Monday. A detainer on each of the 10 was placed by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement unit in Detroit.

The 10 suspects were lodged in the Livingston County Jail pending deportation, which was expected Monday.

Contact Daily Press & Argus reporter Lisa Roose-Church at (517) 552-2846 or at lrchurch@gannett.com.

http://www.dailypressandargus.com/apps/ ... 10308/1002

The ten people arrested could be day laborers or Spanish speaking terrorists. Who knows?

Brace yourselves.....I hear more crying and screaming about "racial profiling" and "discrimination" on the horizon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)