Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Officials debate threat of cartels along Texas border

Officials debate threat of cartels along Texas border

October 14, 2011 9:01 PM

THE BROWNSVILLE HERALD

At least two U.S. congressmen from Texas on Friday disputed a recent report penned by two retired U.S. Army officers that states the area along the Texas-Mexico border has become a war zone because of the ongoing drug cartel violence.

U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, D- Laredo, and U.S. Rep. Sylvestre Reyes, D- El Paso, voiced concerns — at times heated — that the re-port, “Texas Border Security: A Strategic Military Assessment,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The border is a war zone, some thirty years ago i lived on the border today it is a far different world, dangerous and unpredictable as to where the danger can occur, would not think of living in the area I once did, other then signs that say United States many places on this side now belong to Mexico IMO.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

[quote]“Would you call Washington, D.C., a war zone? Just a yes or no,â€
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    [size=117]“Most unsettling is the bodies showing up on our ranches in Brooks County,â€
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

[quote="Achilles"][quote]“Would you call Washington, D.C., a war zone? Just a yes or no,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I find it upsetting that fictional TV detective shows depict the most gruesome corpses imaginable, just to sell consumer products, while real pictures from actual crime scenes are blurred out because they might upset viewers. Viewers need to be upset about gruesome, real crime scenes... and outraged enough to shut down the smugglers.
    VERY TRUE////////////////
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou