Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Officials: Illegals target N.C. license

http://www.news14charlotte.com

Click Here to Watch Video

Officials: Illegals target N.C. license
    Updated: 2/10/2006 6:00:04 PM
    By: Adam Shub, News 14 Carolina
    SHELBY, N.C. -- When law enforcement officials made the largest methamphetamine bust in Cleveland County history, they found out that their suspect, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, had a valid North Carolina driver’s license.

Jose Miguel Diaz Valerio, 21, faces several charges, including drug trafficking and drug possession. Sheriff’s deputies said they found six pounds of powered meth hidden in the roof of his vehicle Thursday.

But if he is in the country illegally, how could he get a driver’s license? Jeff Jordan, the state’s head of immigration enforcement, said it’s no secret that North Carolina has fewer requirements than other states. He said it’s easy to fake the essential documents that are required by the Division of Motor Vehicles: proof of residency, proof of liability insurance, two forms of identification and a Social Security number or taxpayer ID.

"We often apprehend folks coming down in van loads, folks who are coming from other states for the sole purpose of obtaining a North Carolina driver's license using counterfeit documents,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]"We often apprehend folks coming down in van loads, folks who are coming from other states for the sole purpose of obtaining a North Carolina driver's license using counterfeit documents,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegals Can Still Get a DL In NC

The sad thing is here in North Carolina there has been few protests to the fact that illegals can still get a driver's license here. In fact they can still us a tax IN number as a proof of identity which anyone can get. Back in 2002 I was part of 9/11 protest in Raleigh that was held in front of the Mexican Consolate. Although we have quiet a few people there, it still wasn't enough. What we need in North Carolina is a big protest in Raleigh in front of the general assmebly. We need to have it on a Saturday when more can attend. We are fifth in the nation as far as the population of illegal immigrants goes and if something isn't done soon it will be too late....that is if it isn't already. I've said it more than once that North Carlina is the East Coast version of California.
    I hear a lot of people complaining about the large number of illegals here in NC. If we have a protest and can't get the numbers to come out, then I have to say the people of North Carolina will get what they deserve.

I hear a lot of people complaining about the large number of illegals here in NC. If we have a protest and can't get the numbers to come out, then I have to say the people of North Carolina will get what they deserve.
    boxersbear, I hear you loud and clear. I can't believe the number of people who complain constantly yet when it comes time to get up and go do something, they freeze like a deer in the headlights. Don't they realize that the bigger the turnout the safer we are?

I am hoping that NC will stage some events for summer when I can be there. Right now, I'm almost two thousand miles from Raleigh.

I can't figure out if this internet access hurts us or helps us. It obvioulsy helps people to find information and get the word out. Yet there are people who do nothing but stay on the internet and write, write, write. I know that is good because all that writing conveys our sentiments to the appropriate people--the people who are supposed to be doing what we elected them to do. Yet, when it comes time to get up out of the chair, where are those people? Why aren't they at any of the rallies? Why do they stay home and keep writing and complaining when we need them so desparately.

I've written to specific people in my local area who are supposedly interested in forming groups to take action. We are right on the border and it makes protests staged by only a few a bit more precarious. None of those people I contact ever respond. I have tried to set up actual forums where people in my area can meet on line and discuss the various things we can do as a group to fight illegal immigration, write articles to the appropriate places, etc. Sometimes a few show up for a few times then they all disappear again. It is mystifying to me.

Is it all just to have something to whine about or are these people really wanting to force the changes we need to get this show back on the road again?