Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi Zeezil,
    Hi Florgal,
    Sheesh, I have to repost again 'cause the thread got locked and I didn't know which one was active,. or whatever, so here goes again. I tried to delete it from the other thread, to move it over here, but when that thread got locked I couldn't do anything with it.

This is a SAFETY OF FLIGHT problem that needs to be posted to
    http://www.airdisaster.com/forums/forum ... 2777c&f=68
    Guess I'll need to join that website to post it there.

Quote Originally Posted by coto

I talked to a United Airlines employee (I'm not gonna reveal where), who told me that it is United's goal to replace every US citizen ground-employee (ie. ticket agent, gate agent, baggage handlers, forms agent (load planner), freight agent, operations agent, etc) with foreign nationals. At the Denver airport, they are close to 100% staffed with foreign nationals. At ORD and smaller stations there are still some US citizens on the payroll.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-72169-50.html

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Hi Loservillelabor,
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Obviously we're not jailing the right folks if this is still happening.
    Thank you! The right folks who need to be led away in cuffs are the airline (whichever airline is hosting the illegals) board of directors, senior (above the glass ceiling) executives, or at least the airline's airport station manager. All other high level decision makers, who made the decision to hire illegals in the first place, should be doing the purp walk.

What we have here, are enemy combatants engaged in full access to our aviation structure. And senior airline executives winking at em!!!

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I wonder how many of them worked at McDonalds?

If you've ever been to a McDonald's in O'Hare, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's the only McDonald's that I've had to point to a picture to order food. Is there a language barrier here?
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

This happened last May, quick search indicates it hasn't been posted to Alipac yet

Quote Originally Posted by tcook052
    May 24, 05, 12:09 am
    http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/local ... leid=99477

FRAMINGHAM -- A Framingham man who was piloting a Cessna aircraft carrying five illegal immigrants was arrested last week after making an emergency landing at a military base in New Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcook052
    http://www.milforddailynews.com/localRe ... leid=71720

At the 19,000 small, local airports that dot the country, however, life hardly seemed to change.

Nearly four years after the attacks, security at most local airports is largely still a word-of-mouth affair, handled in some cases by a single individual with virtually no screening of passengers, pilots or cargo.

It is an atmosphere Charles Bueno may have been counting on.

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    I wonder how many of them worked at McDonalds?
    Hi Mapwife,
    Yeah, you can bet your a$$ they're illegal. The question becomes, "any of em have food handler's certificates?" Answer - None. Any of 'em wash their hands properly and are any of em free of TB and other diseases? Answer: None.

Tsk, tsk!

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Whatever the reason, its nice to know that ICE is raiding anything at all in Chicago. I am sick and tired of Mayor Daley, and all his corrupt cronies getting away with harboring these criminals. Maybe it will give a few million of them the incentive to go home.

So how about that... ICE has come to Chicago again.

Wonder if this will make the Tribune or Suntimes tomorrow??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

<div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

O'Hare Fake Badge Flap Reveals Security Breach
    Firm Allegedly Helped Employees Obtain Fraudulent Badges, Hired Illegal Aliens.
    By PIERRE THOMAS, THERESA COOK and JACK DATE
    Nov. 7, 2007 —

After government investigators reported finding that workers with counterfeit badges had gained access to restricted areas at Chicago O'Hare International Airport, it triggered a series of arrests that has officials questioning security at one of the nation's busiest airports.

Authorities arrested more than 20 suspects, all believed to be illegal immigrants, after federal agents found they were allegedly using fake and expired security badges that allowed them widespread access to the airport, including unfettered access to commercial planes.

The workers, who loaded food and cargo onto aircraft, were employees of Ideal Staffing Services Inc., a temporary employment company whose managers allegedly assisted in getting them bogus security badges.

A corporate officer and office manager employed with Ideal Staffing were also arrested Wednesday as part of the investigation.

"We can have no tolerance for people who set up businesses for people with fake identities to have access to secure areas of the airport," U.S. attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said at a press conference announcing the arrests.

Ideal Staffing's Mary Gurin, 36, of Carpentersville, Ill., and Norinye Benitez, 24, of Franklin Park, Ill., each face one count of harboring illegal aliens for financial gain, and an additional count of misuse of Social Security numbers.

Authorities said Benitez herself is in the United States illegally, and that Gurin was aware of her reputed illegal immigration status but still signed her airport badge application.

An affidavit filed by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agent stated that in a Nov. 4 interview with Benitez, she said that "Gurin is the person who directs her work at Ideal Staffing," and that "Benitez also stated that she advised Gurin that she was an illegal alien at around the time she began working for Ideal Staffing."

According to a separate affidavit detailing Benitez's alleged activities, on her application for a security badge "she used an SSN [Social Security number] with the last four digits of 6291. The SSN used was issued to a person with a different name in Iowa in 1973."

But authorities said Benitez's suspicious badge application is one of many they found in their investigation.

The government said more than 100 workers possessed fraudulently obtained badges originally issued by the Chicago Department of Aviation. The company managers allegedly gave their workers old or deactivated badges, which allowed access to secure areas at the facility, including the tarmac and cargo warehouses.

The affidavit stated that in one instance, Benitez told one of Ideal Staffing Solutions' workers to sort through "a box containing approximately 20 airport security badges" of past employees and "pick one with a picture that most closely resembled his own likeness." The employee, who is cooperating with the investigation, told investigators he used one of the badges in the box to gain access to a United Airlines cargo facility.

The agent's statement added that the Chicago Department of Aviation's records showed that the selected badge "had been deactivated and should not be used for airport security access," and that the employee was never fingerprinted for a background check as regulations require.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials said that early last month, agents reviewed more than 150 badge applications submitted by the company for 120 of its employees. In the affidavit, the agent reported that "110 of the applications listed Social Security numbers that either do not exist or belong to other persons, some of which were deceased."

ABC News called Ideal Staffing's Bensenville, Ill., office, but a voice mail message left for Gurin has not been returned.

"The fact that we didn't pick this up, says that our system is broken and it's absolutely terrifying that this kind of situation would go on," House Homeland Security Chairman Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., told ABC News.

If they are convicted, Gurin and Benitez could face a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison on the harboring charge, and five years for misusing Social Security numbers.

The workers arrested on state charges could face a maximum of three years in prison if found guilty.

Security officials said this case showed that despite all the billions spent securing airports since the Sept. 11 attacks, in some cases airports do not have a handle on who is working in sensitive areas or on some of the planes.

Concerned Homeland security officials told ABC News they are planning more investigations at airports across the country, worried that if such a breach could happen at O'Hare, it could happen anywhere.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/FedCrimes/ ... 815&page=1
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The affidavit stated that in one instance, Benitez told one of Ideal Staffing Solutions' workers to sort through "a box containing approximately 20 airport security badges" of past employees and "pick one with a picture that most closely resembled his own likeness." The employee, who is cooperating with the investigation, told investigators he used one of the badges in the box to gain access to a United Airlines cargo facility.

What is it going to take to put an end to all of this? I cannot bring a bottle of water on the plane but our government allows this to go on? What happened after 9-11? How was this contract awarded? Where was government oversight? All these illegals need to be deported immdeiately and these owners need to go to jail for the rest of their lives.

This is horrible. We also had the outsourcing of the repair/maintenance of planes and they found people on the terror watch list.

I have one question- I fly a lot because I help my dad care for my ill mom. I pay a 9-11 fee every time I buy a ticket. WHAT IS THAT USED FOR? It obviously is not being used to make my flight safer. I cannot bring a freakin bottle of water or sunblock in my bag but illegals can get into secure areas?

April

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast