Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Oh, baby: $500 to all newborns

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    This didn't come from Arnold, it came from our insane state senate. Hopefully, if this disaster ever makes it to his desk, he'll veto it.
    I know. I was actually making two distinct points, but wasn't very clear.
    Regardless, there is something in the water....
    You have to live in California before you can even begin to understand the total insanity that dominates our ruling elite. You folks only see a tiny fraction of the outrageous bills that get proposed and passed by our elected lunatics each year.

I don't like Arnold very much, but the Democratic alternative to him is really to frightening to contemplate. Unfortunately, that's what we're going to end up with when he's term-limited out next election.
    Other than the weather, why do people live there? Seriously, I would let the corrupt government and the illegals have the whole kit and kaboodle. I guarantee you it wouldn't take long for them to realize how stupid they are if the taxpaying Americans left them with their beloved illegals.

Illinois is really bad but even our corrupt government is only half as bad as the loonies in California.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

CountFloyd makes some excellent remarks re this crazy state.

Why do we live here other than the weather? Same reason a lot of people live where they do, roots, it's where we have grown up. Someday maybe we can leave but in the meantime this is where our money, relatives and friends are.

Seems to me most the crazy bills submitted are either up north or LA. I recall during the 60's the hippies hitchhiking up to San Francisco. Well, the hippies grew up and run the show. Let's all love one another, etc.
    This is an extremely liberal state and in my view will be it's demise.
    At least the recent spanking bill was squashed! That was a loo-loo too!
    This is an embarrassing state to live in but we're not all nuts and we're trying.

Btw, Rohabacher, the champion behind the border patrol agents is from here. As if Duncan Hunter and Brian Bilbray.

The state government is scary. Arnold isn't perfect but he has to deal with some nutsy people up there and when his term is up I dread what we may get.

We're the leader with the number of illegal aliens and have been for so long many people just accept it and think it's the norm. Complacency is rampant here.

It's sunny and 68 degrees today.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I know its hard to uproot yourself, your history, family in friends. I just know how outraged I become when I am walking down the street and encounter a pregnant (illegal) mother pushing a stroller and holding the hand of another child while chattering in Spanish to her friend with just as many kids. All of this witnessed on my lunch break, while mentally calculating how many of my tax dollars is paying for all of this. Add to that the increase in property taxes (modest by California standards) the rise in misc. criminal, drug, gang and murder rates, the closing down of hospitals, overcrowding of schools and layoffs of county prosecutors and other officials, interpreters, clogged court dockets, welfare, section 8 housing and a slew of other expenses and scenarios that would not exist if not for the illegal aliens and their burdens.

While I live in an area where it is possible to avoid them in vast numbers, just imagining what it must be like in California and the possibility of our future if amnesty is crammed down our throats makes my head explode.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I live in California (San Diego)...thank goodness I'm moving to Wisconsin in 5 weeks. This place is INSANE....our legislature here has gone completely bonkers.

This will draw millions from Mexico to have their babies here. Heck! Have 10 babies...that's $5,000!!!

Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Other than the weather, why do people live there? Seriously, I would let the corrupt government and the illegals have the whole kit and kaboodle. I guarantee you it wouldn't take long for them to realize how stupid they are if the taxpaying Americans left them with their beloved illegals.

Illinois is really bad but even our corrupt government is only half as bad as the loonies in California.
    I'll tell you why I keep living here. Medical insurance.

I'm grandfathered into my medical plan, but it's only valid in California. I pay a small fortune for it monthly, but it's a good plan.

We're I to move out of state, I'd lose that insurance and would not be able to purchase new insurance at any price because of pre-existing conditions.

So I'm stuck, at least until I'm old enough to get Medicare (assuming it's not bankrupt by then).
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

This and a lot of other things we don't hear about are what happens when your state legislature is taken over by the reconquista.

Our affirmative action laws insure this will happen.
    The lawful bias will become outrageous (just like this) and no matter how much you howl, the bias will become institutionalized and pervade everyones daily life.

In California it's been the status quo for decades, now it's a nightmare coming true in many other states.

If you live in say Kansas take a good look at California and you will see the Future of Kansas and every other state in what used to be called a union of states.

If you need a motivation boost think about living in the reconquista state.

Did anyone hear John and Ken at kfi640am talking about this tonight? It was great. Evidently two state senators are behind this bill, one rep and one dem. They had the rep (forgot his name but he was from Rancho Cucamonga) and they really tore into him. Also John and Ken believe this will be doa. People were calling in upset too. So it gave me hope this will be squashed like a bug fast, sure hope so.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Update! Heard on the John and Ken show today that state Senator Bob Dutton (who was on their show yesterday) removed his name from the bill due to thousands of calls his office rec'd.

Illegal aliens will be breeding like gerbils
    free hospital stay and $500 WTG poppa get a new leaf blower
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Republican lawmaker withdraws support of child savings bill
    Associated Press

SACRAMENTO - A Republican lawmaker who co-authored a bill that would give every child born in California a $500 savings account has withdrawn his support following a backlash within his own party.

Sen. Bob Dutton, R-Rancho Cucamonga, who had promoted the measure as a good investment, announced Friday he no longer supported the bill he had introduced two days before with Democrat Sen. Darrel Steinberg.

The surprise move came after fellow Republicans questioned the measure's $285 million cost and inclusion of children of illegal immigrants.

In a press release, Dutton said that thousands of Californians had asked him "what I was thinking" over the past 48 hours. Although he defended the savings account idea as a way for Republicans to help individuals become self-sufficient, Dutton said he could not support the bill because of the state's deteriorating fiscal stability.

"In light of the state's deteriorating fiscal situation, I cannot support the bill as currently written," Dutton said in a statement.

Under the measure, every child born in California after Jan. 1, 2008, would receive the money in a savings account. They could withdraw the money once they turn 18 for education expenses, a down payment on a home or retirement. It would cost taxpayers about $285 million a year.

Among the critics was state Sen. Tom McClintock, R-Thousand Oaks, who sent an e-mail to his supporters saying the bill would create "a new wave of illegal immigration."

Steinberg, D-Sacramento, said hysteria over immigration had pressured his colleague to withdraw his support.

"Let's get one thing straight: 90 percent of the calls and the talk radio and all the hysteria is about one issue and one issue only -- immigration," Steinberg said. "It is all about xenophobia and there is a lot of hatred out there and we need to stand up against it. A kid is a kid is a kid."

If the bill is passed, California would be the first state in the nation with child savings accounts. A similar national savings program has been pending in Congress since 2005.

About 566,000 children are expected to be born in California next year.

If families added $50 a month to the state's initial contribution, the savings account would grow to nearly $17,500 at 5 percent interest over 18 years.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 828204.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast