Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

OH-ICE arrests Ohio immigration attorney on marriage fraud c

ICE arrests Ohio immigration attorney on marriage fraud charges

COLUMBUS, Ohio - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents today arrested a Columbus-area immigration attorney and an associate on charges of marriage fraud. Lilian Asante, 37, who practices immigration law, and Kwadwo Asante, 39, a businessman, were arrested in their respective offices in the Columbus area without incident. Both are nationals of Ghana.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement ( ICE ) agents today arrested a Columbus-area immigration attorney and an associate on charges of marriage fraud.

Lilian Asante, 37, who practices immigration law, and Kwadwo Asante, 39, a businessman, were arrested in their respective offices in the Columbus area without incident. Both are nationals of Ghana.

According to court documents, the pair is alleged to have entered into separate marriages with two U.S. citizens in order to obtain citizenship. The pair currently resides together.

Lilian Asante's primary legal practice involves representing aliens in deportation proceedings and assisting those who are seeking permanent residence.

Immigration benefit fraud seriously impacts the integrity of the nation's immigration system. ICE aggressively pursues individuals who try to use marriage fraud to skirt the country's immigration laws.

Marriage fraud carries a penalty of up to a $250,000 and/or five years imprisonment.

Last year, ICE made 238 criminal arrests related to marriage fraud schemes and was successful in handing out convictions for 198 of those individuals. ICE also seized nearly $430,000 in assets related to these cases.

Both defendants appeared today before U.S. District Court Judge Joseph P. Kinneary.

Today's announcement was made by Brian Moskowitz, special agent in charge of ICE's Office of Investigations in Detroit and by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Ohio Gregory Lockhart.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Salvador Dominguez.

-- ICE --

http://media-newswire.com/release_1095262.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: OH-ICE arrests Ohio immigration attorney on marriage fra

I would check out the ACLU too!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

These stories should be forwarded to the Senate Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security. It is obvious, contrary to what Chairman Charles Schumer says, that the US is far from secure from immigration related crime. He's applauding Sec. Napolitano and Clinton for going after the drug cartels, That is just the tip of the iceberg. These groups are embedded throughout the entire country....with bases in foreign countries to continue the attack.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have sent a CBP news story about the seizure of $150 million worth of cocaine in a joint operation by US and Mexican naval forces on to several Senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I have sent a CBP news story about the seizure of $150 million worth of cocaine in a joint operation by US and Mexican naval forces on to several Senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    I have my local Republican Rep on my email list.
    I don't send her everything.
    She is curious about the Birth Certificate issue though.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris