Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OH: Illegal immigrant arrested on warrant and DUI

Illegal immigrant arrested on warrant and DUI
    News Herald reports
    Nov 28, 2007
    CATAWBA ISLAND — An illegal Mexican immigrant could be deported after he was charged with drunken driving Tuesday, police said.

Miguel Lugo, 26, Columbus, was wanted on a warrant from the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement in Cleveland, said Lt. John Gangway of Catawba Island police. He is being held without bond in the Ottawa County Detention Facility.

Lugo pleaded guilty Wednesday to one misdemeanor count each of drunken driving, marked-lanes violation and expired license plates, according to Ottawa County Municipal Court records.
    A judge gave him a suspended sentence of 10 days in jail, provided he does not break the law for one year and completes a first-offender program, records show.
    He was arrested after an officer saw his pickup cross into another lane on Ohio 53, Gangway said. When the officer stopped him, Lugo gave him a Mexican license and a fake Ohio ID card, Gangway said.
    After putting Lugo’s information into a police computer, the officer found he was wanted on the immigration warrant, Gangway said. The warrant did not specify on what charges Lugo was wanted, he said.
    Lugo also took a breath test, Gangway said. His blood-alcohol content was 0.137, compared to the legal limit of 0.08, he said.
    There were two passengers in Lugo’s truck who gave the officer Mexican voter-identification cards, Gangway said. Their citizenship status is unknown, he said.
    The officer sent information regarding the passengers to ICE, he said.

www.portclintonnewsherald.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'll bet you it NEVER gets reported in the Columbus newsapaer, this Columbus resident was arrested.

Catawba Is, is on Lake Erie, near Port Clinton, OH.

Thank you for posting this. I linked to the newspaper article, register with the newspaper and submitted the following comments:
    I suspect Miguel got what he deserved, for driving drunk. I would feel safer if the report had more details.

It appears he had no OH driver's license.

Therefore, I suspect he lacked auto insurance.

Does he get charged for this crime ? Americans would.

Did ICE put him on hold ?

Will he get out on bail and merely escape his day in court ?

Was the fake OH ID card in his name or might we also have a case of "stolen identity" ?

Is he charged with counterfeiting ? An American would.

I'm angrey that we have an open border and this admin. has failed to secure our borders and ports. I'm upset that local law enforcement is prevented from doing more to fight illegal immigration.

If you feel the same way, Call your U.S. Congresswoma and ask
    Rep. Mary Kaptur to co-sponsor the Save Act - HR 4088.
    (p) 202-225-4146, (f) 202-225-7711.

The Save Act is an illegal alien enforcement bill, without amnesty or a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Four other OH Congressmen & women are co-sponsors.

Use her website to send an email:
    http://www.congress.org/congressorg/web ... v%2Fkaptur

Help take our country back. Support the SAVE Act.
    __________________________________________________ _______

Please join me and contact the Congresswoman. Urge her to co-sponsor the SAVE Act.