Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ohio may be preparing for an illegal immigrant crackdown

Ohio may be preparing for an illegal immigrant crackdown

State legislators considering new laws.

By Ken Robinson, Newsradio WTAM 1100

Sunday, September 7, 2008

(Columbus) - Ohio lawmakers frustrated by what they call federal government inaction on illegal immigration are pushing for stronger enforcement laws.

Lawmakers and local officials are also demanding that employers do more to prove their workers have legal status.

An investigation by the Columbus Dispatch found that get-tough bills have been enacted or introduced in at least a dozen other states.

Oklahoma passed a law last year intended to drive away illegal immigrants.

Steve Salvi, a Northeast Ohio paralegal who runs a web site on the hot button issue, says illegal immigrants have had their way in Ohio for too long.

However, Ezra Escudero of the Ohio Commission on Hispanic/Latino Affairs, a state office that advises the legislature and governor on issues affecting the Latino community, claims this focus is misdirected and with Ohio faces so many other challenges, he can’t understand lawmakers would want to scare so many people away.

Virginia Martinez, attorney for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, believes such policies will only encourage racial profiling. She contends most of the immigrants don’t even have a criminal record, they’re just without papers.

The Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency has quadrupled the number of its agents and tripled the number of deportations.
    http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/news/sect ... le=4203164
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wonderful, and if State Senator Delph can't get anything done this year, I can just imagine where the illegals will move to.

IF YOU LIVE IN INDIANA, CALL YOUR STATE SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE NOW TO TELL THEM WE WANT IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT WITH TEETH, THIS YEAR
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Virginia Martinez, attorney for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, believes such policies will only encourage racial profiling. She contends most of the immigrants don’t even have a criminal record, they’re just without papers.
    Poor undocumented people, they were so eager to work hard to provide for their family and teh children that they forgot to pick up their papers and they also have forgotten where they can get them.

Here is the answer. You self deport and go to the US embassy in your country of origin and you try to get your papers and when you have them then and only then will you be called an immigrant. Meanwhile you are an illegal alien, a foreigner here unlawfully!

Entiende Usted senora Martinez?

If the government agencies do not start taking care of the problem; America citizens, the 80% that are against the illegal criminal aliens will start reporting more to ICE.

So ICE grow larger! Start a report, payment program for the American citizen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't want the government to take care of immegal immigration. WE know what they will do.
    AMNESTY
    I think states should do it separately.
    Even though I have the worst state. Thankfully it's about 7000 illegals but growing. . .
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Poor undocumented people, they were so eager to work hard to provide for their family and teh children that they forgot to pick up their papers and they also have forgotten where they can get them.

Here is the answer. You self deport and go to the US embassy in your country of origin and you try to get your papers and when you have them then and only then will you be called an immigrant. Meanwhile you are an illegal alien, a foreigner here unlawfully!

Entiende Usted senora Martinez?
    Most illegals don't have a record because they have not been caught yet. Most criminals do not have records before being caught
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ICE can only handle so many cases a year. 14 months later I am still waiting for them to arrest a roofing businesswoman here in Columbia who admitted on the front page of the local paper that she employed 22 ilegal aliens. I have come to the conclusion that it is up to the citizens to turn the tide in every way we can.
    I am in construction and every day I document businesses that employ illegal aliens. I take pictures, record license plate numbers, vehicles, business names, telephone numbers and addresses. I am documenting every bit of information that I possibly can because one of these days the shoe is going to be on the other foot when it comes to enforcing our laws. One of these days there are going to be enough pissed off American citizens in the streets demanding that our immigration laws be enforced that our so-called leaders and law enforcement officials will have no choice except to accede to our demands.
    And the federal immigration system is completely broke, the legal and illegal sides both. Can anyone please tell me why any law enforcement officer needs 6 weeks of specialized training to ask someone if they are illegal? This is one of the catch-22's of the system, another is the law that says that an employer cannot 'knowingly' employ illegal aliens. This is the get out of jail free word that was inserted into the immigration laws passed in the 1980's. This word is why ICE will not arrest any employer when they bust companies.
    I grew up understanding that ignorance is no excuse under the law. Today it does not apply because of political correctness. Every law enforcement officer in this country needs to be given the power to enforce every law on the books. I am tired of musical chairs being played with our legal system because they have become corrupt.

loneprotester:

I totally agree. My child actually writes down illegals license plates. But what good does it do, we cannot send the numbers anywhere to check and see if they are legal.

If have to admit we have a failed government; then what can we do.

I have noticed that the Illegal do not get mail? I am watching. You do know that the Post Office will tell federal agencies such as ICE or IRS if they come and ask where a person lives.

All the government agencies work together but not for the citizens!

I saw something on another site a few days ago..let me see if I can dredge it up....

One man's -----

One man's -----racial profiling is another man's valid checking of legal status of another.
    We need, somehow, to reduce the political correctness that falsely endangers our country and our wellbeing. I am extremely tired of hearing the lame "profiling" argument.I will gladly show ID wherver I go to help my countyr's security. (Or to help my fellow Americans find work.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast