Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Pastors have a right to speak about biblical truths from the pulpit without any fear of punishment," said Erik Stanley, senior legal counsel for the alliance. "They shouldn't be intimidated into giving up those constitutional rights."
    The problem here is not of free speech, it's about violating NON-PROFIT laws.

The government exempts churches from paying taxes as long as churches stay OUT of politics. Churches have violated that and therefore should no longer be non-profit organizations. In addition to not paying taxes, most churches receive federal funds for "outreach" programs and alot of this money is spent on illegal aliens, which is another violation.
    This must stop.

Take away their tax exempt status and do not give them any more federal funds, and then churches can preach what they want. As long as they are supported by the government, they MUST follow the laws.

I'm glad the IRS is getting involved in this, it's about time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    What is a church?
    It has a steeple.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

EXACTLY!!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    "Pastors have a right to speak about biblical truths from the pulpit without any fear of punishment," said Erik Stanley, senior legal counsel for the alliance. "They shouldn't be intimidated into giving up those constitutional rights."

The government exempts churches from paying taxes as long as churches stay OUT of politics. Churches have violated that and therefore should no longer be non-profit organizations. In addition to not paying taxes, most churches receive federal funds for "outreach" programs and alot of this money is spent on illegal aliens, which is another violation.
    This must stop.

Take away their tax exempt status and do not give them any more federal funds, and then churches can preach what they want. As long as they are supported by the government, they MUST follow the laws.

I'm glad the IRS is getting involved in this, it's about time.

NO most churches do not. Not in my denomination. In fact, they balk at it so that the feds can't tell them what to do. I know, I worked in Women's Ministry.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good, now maybe Roger Mahoney will have to just shut his big mouth, especially when he tell his parishoners that they will go to hell if they don't let illegals stay in this country.

I say let those who go to church talk about what they please to talk about, including the heads of churches. They can scream and shout all they want, but let's just start requiring churches to pay tax. That way there's no argument about it. They're bellowing about anything they want anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12