Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK: Candidate promises tighter U.S. borders (Duncan Hunter)

By John Greiner
    Staff Writer

California Congressman Duncan Hunter promised Saturday to enforce America's borders and the rules of trade, especially with China, if he becomes president.

Hunter, a Republican, authored legislation signed by President Bush to build an 854-mile fence from San Diego, where a fence exists, along the Mexican border through Texas.

He spoke to more than 165 Oklahomans at the Holiday Inn at 2101 S Meridian in Oklahoma City Saturday and will make stops at several churches today during his campaign visit here.

Hunter said he was responsible for getting the border fence built in the San Diego area. The fence has reduced drugs and illegal immigration 90 percent and should be extended through Texas, he said.

"Folks, we need to build that border fence. If I'm elected president, I will complete that fence in six months,” he told the crowd at the Holiday Inn.

Enforce rules of trade
    Hunter said America is losing its industrial base, and that affects jobs and the nation's ability to make the military equipment our military needs in time of war.

"The reason is China is cheating on trade,” he said.

China is devaluing its currency by 40 percent, making American-made products more expensive than those made in China.

That simple dynamic is sweeping American products off the shelf here and around the world, he said.

"As president of the United States, I am going to enforce the rules on trade with communist China. You've got my guarantee on it,” Hunter said.

What about Iraq?
    On the war in Iraq, Hunter proposed that each of 129 Iraqi battalions rotate into combat areas for three to four months at a time.

This will give the Iraqi soldiers military experience and become battle-hardened, he said. Then the Iraqi battalions can replace the American units in those battle areas.

Hunter served in the Army's 173rd Airborne and 75th Army Rangers in Vietnam. His father was a Marine, as is Hunter's son, Duncan.

Religious leaders of Windsor Hills Baptist Church helped organize the group that greeted Hunter at the Holiday Inn.

Hunter will speak briefly today at Baptist churches across the state.

http://newsok.com/article/3049823?sp=1
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

I could support Duncan Hunter 100%

Illegal Immigration as we all know is a huge problem in our country that needs someone who will build the fence and enforce our laws.

China will undercut the US any way it can and we need someone who understands that , And Will Do Something About It!

This Guy Makes Sense!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Ducan hunter would be perfect, but the globalest won't allow him any where near the white house.
    <div>DEFEAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA THE COMMIE FOR FREEDOM!!!!</div>

We sure like him here in California.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Unless some Man jumps in that will shut our borders and deport the illigals. I've made my mind up I'm voting Ducan Hunter or putting his name in. This issue is offically more important then anything.

The next president must be either Tancredo, Hunter or Ron Paul. There can be no exceptions this time. If any of the Dems get in office, say HOLA to our new north american neighbors.
    All three candidates have shown the "stuff" we want to see, and if they win, you can bet the world is going to get more interesting.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    The next president must be either Tancredo, Hunter or Ron Paul. There can be no exceptions this time. If any of the Dems get in office, say HOLA to our new north american neighbors.
    All three candidates have shown the "stuff" we want to see, and if they win, you can bet the world is going to get more interesting.
    But what we really need is to figure out which one exactly and everyone get behind that guy, splitting our votes 3 ways or so in the primaries isn't going to do us a bit of good
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Ducan Hunter has proven has is good. On more then just the borders but with trade with China. And also with many other things. He has a long record.

MW
    Duncan Hunter remains my #1 choice with Tancredo #2 and Paul #3.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast