Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK: Hispanic Community Speaks Out Against Immigration Legisl

Hispanic Community Speaks Out Against Immigration Legislation

KOTV - 4/19/2007 9:50 PM - Updated 4/19/2007 10:03 PM

Members of Tulsa’s Hispanic community speak out against a controversial immigration reform bill. Members of the State House tell The News On 6 it's just a matter of time before the bill makes it to the governor's desk. But News On 6 anchor Latoya Silmon reports before it does, some members of the Hispanic community plan to give the Governor an ear full.

Thursday night members of the Hispanic community gave a voice to those they say are too scared to speak up for themselves.

"We come to assure them that LULAC, its members and Tulsa leaders, we're going try to secure their interests the best way we can," LULAC Vice President Ed Romo said.

They're organizing to dismantle HB 1804, or the Oklahoma Citizen and Taxpayer Protection Act of 2007.

"People have said this bill is bipartisan. I say it's bipolar," said Romo.

Supporters say it stops taxpayer benefits to illegal immigrants and keeps employers from hiring them.

"We welcome them with one hand for the jobs that are available, and we have done well here with their labor. With the other hand we're pushing them away and calling the police on them," Romo said.

Town Hall organizers believe the legislation creates fear, and division, so they're calling on members of the community to let Governor Brad Henry know their concerns.

"We hope the governor is as courageous as we know he can be,” said Romo.

Organizers of Thursday’s meeting encouraged everyone to write, call or email the governor and ask him to veto the bill. If he doesn't do that LULAC, which stands for League of United Latin American Citizens, says they are exploring legal options.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=125468
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LULAC will for ever be associated with criminals. Nice.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I was scared just going there.
    I spent a few min. searching aroud in the Lulac site and I must say Im not sure if there idea of civil rights are the same as the rest of the countries

Im pretty sure the fed pages are just cut and pasted and none of the word for word laws
    (you know the ones you and I have to follow arent changed just of the LULAC)

Greg, their title speaks for itself. "League of United LATIN American Citizens."

Their entire abbreviation spews racism big time. Their only concern is civil rights for anyone of latino descent. (as you know)
    I'm greatly offended at any site like theirs, or any other site that can't handle the fact that WE HAVE LAWS IN AMERICA, and we Americans who elect our officials expect those officials to carry out and create laws in the best interest of Americans. I actually like the fact that when a town passes laws to protect their own citizens, the illegal croud like LULAC, HB, and the other fake site can only whine and complain about how their 'rights' are being violated. And they call the ALIPAC team narrow minded? SHEESH!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

LULAC is an organization for criminals!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The gravy train is closing and now their just having a hissy fit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    "We hope the governor is as courageous as we know he can be,” said Romo.
    Nice butt kiss.

LULAC should be classified as a hate group!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"We come to assure them that LULAC, its members and Tulsa leaders, we're going try to secure their interests the best way we can," LULAC Vice President Ed Romo said.
    Even if their "interests" are against the laws of Oklahoma and America.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    The gravy train is closing and now their just having a hissy fit.
    Very well put!