Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK:New Immigration law complicates driver's license renewal

Has your driver's license expired?

By M. Scott Carter
    THE NORMAN TRANSCRIPT (NORMAN, Okla.)

MOORE, Okla. — Kenneth Pricer just wanted to renew his driver’s license.

Pricer, 81, was shopping with is wife when a clerk pointed to his license said it had expired.

No big deal,Pricer thought. The last time he renewed his license the trip took about 15 minutes; and because he was retired, it didn’t cost him a thing.

So Pricer and his wife, Marlane, finished their shopping and traveled to the Moore Tag Agency for what they thought at the time would be a quick errand.

Six hours — and four trips later — Kenneth Pricer got his license.

But the process required traveling from the tag agency to home, then to Norman, then to the bank, then to Oklahoma City and, finally, back to Moore.

“It was crazy,â€

me and my husband had to have the same papers here....and I didn't mind a bit...but we called before we went...
    what is a few hours in protecting our Country....our soldiers spend everyday protecting us
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Well first of all at 81 it should be a law that you take your drivers test over again, but I'll leave that to another forum.
    Secondly he let his licence expire so its his fault. He should be feeling lucky he wasn't in an accident with an expired licence.

The news media is derelict if they haven't made these new requirements known to the public. I'm sure the legal citizens are willing to accept the inconvenience if the legislation accomplishes its goal, but they deserve to know in advance what is required.

The reason the news media has not written about this is because it takes the air out of the "it targets hispanics" race card.

This law is meant to weed out ILLEGAL ALIENS, regardless of race, age.

Same happened when I took my mom to get her non-driver ID renewed in NJ, we had to bring her citizenship papers, SS card plus 3 other forms of ID. She's 87 and I won't lie...yes, it was inconvenient; but definitely worth it.

If CITIZENS don't have a problem with the incovenience, then what's the problem? The only ones who have a problem are the people who this law means to keep out, one who have NO legal permission or right to be here!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "