Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK: Rally Draws Attention To Controversial Immigration Bill

Rally Draws Attention To Controversial Immigration Bill

KOTV - 5/5/2007 4:17 PM - Updated 5/5/2007 6:02 PM

Hundreds of Hispanics rally in east Tulsa on Saturday. The American Dream Coalition marched more than a mile in the Cinco De Mayo rally, trying to draw attention to the issue of immigration. Cinco de Mayo is a day set aside by the Mexican community to celebrate their heritage, but The News On 6’s Joshua Brakhage reports the rally wasn't just about pride, it was also about politics.

Dressed in white t-shirts and carrying American flags the American Dream Coalition flooded the streets in east Tulsa, marching from 21st and Garnett to East Central High School; their message, pass fair immigration reform.

The Oklahoma state House and Senate have passed a bill considered one of the most strict immigration reform measures in the country. House Bill 1804 has gained support on both sides of the isle, but not from the Hispanic community. The bill is now in the hands of Governor Brad Henry. People at Saturday’s rally are urging him to veto the measure, in hopes of it not becoming Oklahoma law. A law they say would tear families apart.

“Most of the children are born here, and the parents are illegal, and if they send them back what happens to the children? The children are left behind,” said one demonstrator.

The demonstrators say they're confident that Governor Henry has their best interest at heart, and that he'll veto the bill.

http://kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=126721
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Take the kids with you, we are not falling for your going to leave them behind, I realize our government doesn't seem real smart but the majority of citizens see exactly what is going on here.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Oh yeah, they sure put on a nice show for the media. What they didn't let the media see was the mexican flags they displayed. A HUGE mexican flag in our face as they drove right in front of us. They didn't see the fingers being flipped at us. They didn't hear the foul language that spewed from the mouths. They didn't see the raw egg that was thrown at a little girl with the Tulsa police right there and nothing done about it.

I HATE THE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

MW
    The demonstrators say they're confident that Governor Henry has their best interest at heart, and that he'll veto the bill.
    Give me a break, what about the best interest of the tax paying citizens of Oklahoma? I would certainly think their "best interest" would far surpass those of illegal immigrants. If not, it's time for Gov. Henry to find another line of work! ICE tells me there will soon be some opening in landscaping, construction, and housekeeping - what say you, Gov. Henry, you interested?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't think it matters if Henry vetoes or not, the bill passed overwhelmingly in both houses and there are plenty of votes to override the veto.

I think they said on the news this evening that he had until midnight Tues to sign or veto
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

I don't think it matters if Henry vetoes or not, the bill passed overwhelmingly in both houses and there are plenty of votes to override the veto.
    Just proves the Okies have more sense than the Califorians
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit

I think they said on the news this evening that he had until midnight Tues to sign or veto
    I do hope they override his veto if he does it. If he is smart, he'll sign it. It is apparent that we want it and the OK house and senate are listening to us. What these idiotic politicians seem to forget is the they were elected into office and they can be elected OUT of office also.

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    Your putting the wrong people in office, evidently the voters have woken up yet
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    Your putting the wrong people in office, evidently the voters have woken up yet
    I sure as heck didn't vote for him, so I can honestly say they can't blame me!