Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK: For some, Christmas trip to Mexico will be one-way

By Devona Walker
    The Oklahoman
    Traffic to El Paso, Texas, has been so steady in recent weeks that the downtown Oklahoma City Greyhound bus terminal has started running buses there twice a day. Every Christmas, thousands of Hispanics living in the U.S. return to Mexico to visit their families. This year, many say they are not coming back.

Bartolome Flores, 35, has been working in Oklahoma City for several weeks. He has family in Nogales, which is just south of Arizona. However, he is from Mexico City, which is well into the Mexican interior.

Flores said he will travel to El Paso, the farthest south that Greyhound will take him.

He will then buy another ticket in El Paso for transport to Juarez. There he will spend a day with extended family members before traveling to Nogales to spend Christmas with his family.

He heard about some work in Phoenix, but he is not sure how he will re-enter the country. He’s heard that immigration enforcement has made entering Arizona more difficult. He also heard that employers are more fearful of hiring Hispanics without documentation.

“So really, I don’t know where I will be New Year’s Day,â€
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

. Every Christmas, thousands of Hispanics living in the U.S. return to Mexico to visit their families. This year, many say they are not coming back.

I will believe it when I see it. Fear it's just rheortic of Mexican President Calderon and Consulate 'neutralize Americans' propaganda machine.

It would be a great idea to deploy the National Guard along the Mexican border to assist the border patrol when the Mexican Christmas--family reunions end.

"If the American people ever find out what we've done, they'd chase us down the road and lynch us." Bush No. 41, crime family patriarch
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is this like wild animals leaving for higher ground when they sense a tsunami coming? These folks may be sensing that the big gringo economy is headed for a crash--and trying to establish some security back in the homeland while they can.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I work with a Mexican guy who is apparently illegal because he would NOT go back to Mexico for his own mother's funeral. His friend, who speaks English, said that the guy was afraid that he would not get back across the border if he attended the funeral. So much for family loyalty and values, huh?