Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

One of the largest drop house busts in over a year

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=4972465

118 People Found In Drop HouseMay 31, 2006, 06:50 PM MST

Millie Martinez, KOLD News 13 Reporter

Authorities found 118 illegal immigrants inside a Rio Rico home.

Investigators say it's evidence that human smugglers are changing their tactics in response to tighter border security.

This is the largest human smuggling sting border patrol agents have seen in more than a year and currently seven people are being questioned. Each could face felony charges.

"We encourage citizens to call us in these types of enforcement actions," Border Patrol Agent in Charge John Fitzpatrick said.

Thanks to an anonymous tip border patrol agent found the men, women and children all living in this Rio Rico home.

"It starts with recruiters in Mexico or other areas down South. There are people who run the stash houses and transporters who take them further into the country."

Since, October of 2005 Nogales Border Patrol Agents have discovered 23 homes being used by human smugglers.

"It causes them to move to a certain point north and so they try to defeat our checkpoint which is an important part of our operation."

Authorities say it's important for citizens to pay attention to what's happening in their neighborhood.

Agents say this bust is a good example of why it's vital for citizens to keep their eyes and ears open in the community.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

That's alot of people in 1 house. Kind of hard not to notice something like that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who is in control?

How many times have we tried to do this but our complaints have fallen on deaf ears? How many times have illegal aliens and their smugglers been released due to interference by Mexican government officials and illegal alien advocates using the "race card"? How many times, in the rare cases they are tried for crimes committed, have they been given deportation bench appearance warrants and leave town, never again to be seen? How many live in sanctuary cities where they comiit crimes and are released as authorities cannot ask for their immigration status, and subsequently commit more heinous crimes as rape, murder, child molestation and dui's resulting in the death's of thousands of Americans which would NOT have occured if they had been deported. This administration and congress has the blood of thousands of murdered innocent Americans on their hands because they care only about open borders and the resultant cheap and compliant labor. DAMN the Mexican government in Mexico City and the defacto Mexican government in Washington DC to hell for all etermity!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    That's alot of people in 1 house. Kind of hard not to notice something like that!
    Good grief 118 ppl in one house!! How big was this house anyway

They called this one an upscale house, but sometimes they've been small houses around 1000 sq feet and often none of the plumbing is working as well. The people will totally fill the house, sitting in rows, totally filling the rooms.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I saw this several times while working as a maint. person in a large apt. complex. Some apts had no furniture or wall hangings at all (none, zero) and were only occupied on or around the 1st and the 15th of the month. Then there would be 20 or more people in these "drop" units. These were small 1 and 2 bedroom apts BTW. Other tenants would complain to the management about the noise and other problems with no response.
    Well, I was finishing a "turn around" (prepare unit for new tenants) very early one morning and was surprised to hear the people in the unit above "stomping" across the floor of their unit. This happened to be a "drop" unit and I mentioned this to the manager. The manager accused me of lying. At that very moment a tenant from a unit next to the one I was working on walked up and made the same complaint.
    The manager "let me go" three weeks after this event.

I saw this on Fox News this morning. The house was 1500 sqft and didn't exactly seem upscale to me. Looked like your typical middle class ranch style home.

1500 sqft / 118 people = 12.7119 sqft per person. Smaller than a twin sized bed. Unreal.

VOATNOW1-
    Sounds like the managment of the apt. complex might be getting some kind of kick back to ignore the problem. If so, they should lose their jobs and be sent straight to jail for helping to harbor illegals.

Azmomof2,
    Many tenants felt the same way that you do.

Law enforcement should start seizing these drop houses. I wonder how many property owners would risk loosing their property.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast