Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OP:TN;Sheriff Gobble: Illegal Immigration And The BCSO

Sheriff Gobble: Illegal Immigration And The BCSO
    by Sheriff Tim Gobble
    posted December 31, 2008

During the coming year, the BCSO will continue our determined policy of identifying and dealing with all those in our community who break the law, including those who turn out to be here illegally. Every person who is arrested for a crime in Bradley County is checked for citizenship or legal status. If this cannot be verified through our Criminal Alien Program (CAP), they are turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for deportation. The message is, Bradley County is not a sanctuary for anyone attempting to bypass or subvert our immigration laws.

The year 2008 is the first year the BCSO began keeping records of the number of illegals arrested in Bradley County. We will continue to keep track of those numbers in the future, but of those arrested for crime during 2008, the BCSO found 49 of them to be in the country illegally. They have all been turned over to ICE for deportation.

I understand that people of all nationalities seek to live in our great nation, and the BCSO does not single out any nationality for special scrutiny. We are not anti-immigration. On the contrary, I support and encourage legal immigration, with the emphasis on “legal.â€

Well now here is another one who gets it!! if we could just get the rest of them to understand it!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Expoiting Illegal Aliens - And Response
    posted January 2, 2009

Sheriff Tim Gobble,
    I would like to add to what you've said about illegal immigrants that it is also important to be vigilant about illegal immigrants to avoid creating an underclass or caste system in America.

Illegal immigrants are denied freedom and opportunity because they have to stay hidden. This means that America is not America, for them. Hiring illegals is as near slavery as you can get. People who hire illegals are exploiting them. It's impossible to hire illegal immigrants without exploiting them because they have no recourse against you no matter what their grievance or their working conditions. An employer is under no obligation to be fair or even-handed with an illegal alien.

It's not enough to rationalize that such a depraved life is better than what they may have in their home country. Americans can't be party to creating an underclass of illegals to do our unskilled and undesirable jobs.

That said, employers of illegal aliens need to be scrutinized, also.

David Saluk

David,
    I agree with you. Employers who intentionally, willingly and knowingly hire illegal aliens should receive stiff federal sanctions and are contributors to the problem.

I believe all humans are "endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, among them are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." This makes all persons, including illegal aliens, worthy of protection from fear of abuse and bodily harm. Anyone in Bradley County who is a victim of a crime or is living in fear, including illegal aliens, should feel free to call the BCSO for help, We will be there. Unless, a person is found to be the perpetrator of a crime and arrested for the offense, no one from the BCSO will inquire regarding citizenship or legal status. Currently, the only way for the BCSO to initiate deportation against illegal aliens in Bradley County is for them to commit another offense and be arrested. Forty-nine illegal aliens did so in Bradley County last year. I know there are many more illegal aliens in here than that.

Every day I pass an area where day laborers gather looking for work. I suspect some of them are illegal. However, because we have no authority to act as federal immigration officials, I keep going. The BCSO has its hands full answering 911 calls, patrolling the roads, investigating crime, protecting the courts, serving papers and operating the jail.

The problem of illegal immigration will only be solved if the federal government starts doing its job or provides others with the authority and resources to do it for them. Until then, we will continue to do the best we can with what authority and resources we do have.

Thanks for your comment.

Tim Gobble
    Sheriff
    Bradley County
    http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_141800.asp

Sheriff Gobble and Cleveland,TN Police Chief Wes Snyder should be more responsive, or just be responsive to the ridiculous numbers of illegal aliens driving all over Bradley County without licenses, identification or insurance. Instead, the residents and citizens of Bradley County,TN and the City of Cleveland are victims to thousands of illegal aliens who are simply waved on for these offenses.

Illegal aliens are not entitled to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" in another nation that that illegally entered. Sheriff Gobble needs to recognize that a traffic stop and violations can lead to the identification of a fugitive, a murderer, a rapist, a wanted gang member, drug smuggler, etc. He and Chief Snyder are not protecting anyone if they do not take this issue more seriously.

And another thing, why does Sheriff Gobble keep going past potential illegal aliens and not make the phone calls to ICE? As a partner with ICE through the CAP program, he must surely recognize that any potential illegal alien is someone who has broken the law, forged or stolen an identity/ identities, illegally seeking work, and who may be a far worse criminal. This is inexcusable for law enforcement to ignore the red flags to illegal aliens.

Sheriff Gobble on YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytf6xlkU ... eriff.com/

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)