Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Open borders mob descends on home of Kansas Secretary of State

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open borders mob descends on home of Kansas Secretary of State

As it states in the article, Professor Kobach has 4 young children.

Posted at 8:49 pm on June 15, 2013 by Twitchy Staff

In a scene reminiscent of the SEIU’s siege of a Bank of America executive’s home in 2010, a mob of around 300 open borders protesters from across the country today descended on the home of Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who is also counsel to the Immigration Law Reform Institute and, according to the following tweets from 501(c)3 Sunflower Community Action, the “King of Hate.”

We found out where he lived and we came to visit him,” says a videographer before being herded back to a line of buses. Others left shoes on Kobach’s front steps to “symbolize all the fatherless families due to deportations” — as if trespassing en masse for the lack of a fence and then making demands wasn’t metaphor enough. It’s unclear if Kobach or his wife or four children were home at the time.

If you didn’t think that the thug-style tactics of “delivering a message” through mob intimidation were the Kansas way, we have news for you: that border’s wide open, and we’re all living in Chicago now.

Video & Tweets

We found out where he lived and we came to visit him,” says a videographer before being herded back to a line of buses. Others left shoes on Kobach’s front steps to “symbolize all the fatherless families due to deportations” — as if trespassing en masse for the lack of a fence and then making demands wasn’t metaphor enough. It’s unclear if Kobach or his wife or four children were home at the time.
    If you didn’t think that the thug-style tactics of “delivering a message” through mob intimidation were the Kansas way, we have news for you: border’s wide open, and we’re all living in Chicago now.

http://twitchy.com/2013/06/15/open-b...tary-of-state/

Protestors' shoes symbolize deported fathers

KWCH 12 Eyewitness News

9:59 p.m. CDT, June 15, 2013
    (KANSAS CITY, Kan)—
    Hundreds of people protested against a Kansas politician to address his views on immigration reform.

Activists gathered outside Secertary of State Kris Kobach's Kansas City home Saturday. They brought shoes from dads who have been deported to honor Father's Day Sunday.

The protestors left the shoes on Kobach's doorstep.

"I have seen myself in situations where I almost got deported," one protestor told Eyewitness News. "Who will fill these shoes if that happens to me?"

Kobach co-authored Arizona's strict immigration bill. He has not commented on Saturday's protest.

http://www.kansascw.com/kscw/news/kw...,5738046.story
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Town hall meeting in KCK promotes immigration reform

June 15
    By JUDY L. THOMAS
    The Kansas City Star

Contrary to popular rhetoric, the majority of Kansans support immigration reform, speakers told hundreds gathered at a town hall meeting in Kansas City, Kan., on Saturday.

The meeting aimed to send a strong message to America, said Sulma Arias, executive director of Sunflower Community Action, one of the organizations that coordinated the event.

“Every time immigration is tied with Kansas, people automatically think of (Kansas Secretary of State) Kris Kobach, who has made a name for himself and a living off of pushing for self-deportation laws at the national level,” Arias said. “We want the country to know that our values as Kansans move us to common-sense reform with a path to citizenship. Kobach does not represent Kansas values.”

Kobach has built a national profile on immigration issues, often serving as the face of tougher policies toward illegal immigration.

Arias said organizers of Saturday’s event also wanted to encourage Sen. Jerry Moran “to stand on the side of protecting a path to citizenship.”

Congress is enmeshed in a battle over comprehensive immigration changes. Senate Democrats are pushing a path to citizenship for about 11 million undocumented immigrants now in the U.S. Meanwhile, the Republican-led House Judiciary Committee plans to vote on two immigration-related bills this month.

The town hall meeting at Trinity United Methodist Church attracted people from across Kansas, Iowa, Colorado and Rhode Island, organizers said.

Afterward, a group went to Kobach’s Wyandotte County home and left about 20 pairs of shoes at his doorstep to symbolize “the void that has been left since the thousands and thousands of parents have been deported since 2008,” said Armando Minjarez, a member of Sunflower Community Action.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/15...on-reform.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A mob of 300 is a "group"?

I think it is called "stalking"

What would of happened if American citizens did this? Trespassing and a court date would be my guess.

Police investigate immigration protest at Kris Kobach's home

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 4:18 PM PST Updated: Jun 17, 2013 6:26 PM PST
    By DeAnn Smith

KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) -

Police are investigating a protest at Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach's home as he said Monday he is prepared to use lethal force if necessary.

The KCK Police Department issued a statement Monday afternoon about the protest on Saturday at Kobach's home.

"We are reviewing (sic) matter to determine if protestors violated any laws or ordinances," according to the brief news release.

Kobach is declining interview requests with Kansas City and Topeka media outlets, but did speak with Fox News.

"I was just appalled," he said. "They have a right to protect at my office or at my public places, that's fine. But they don't have the right to enter someone's private property and engage in this kind of intimidation. I have four little girls and they would have been terrified to see 200 protesters shouting at their daddy on megaphones on the front lawn."

A town hall meeting was held Saturday to discuss comprehensive immigration reform. Hundreds had planned to attend.

Four buses filled with protestors converged Saturday on Kobach's home. He and his family were out of town at time, according to Kobach.

Video shot by one of the protestors showed a group standing at Kobach's front door. Chants and songs were made. Some protestors left behind shoes that they said represented the fathers turned by their families after they were deported.

The Sunflower Community Action group said they went to Kobach's home to make a statement and because he had refused to meet with group leaders at his office in Topeka. They said the Secretary of State's office had said to meet with Kobach at his private office, which is inside his home, they said.

A spokeswoman said the protest had made an impact and the group has no regrets.

Kobach, an attorney, has championed tough immigration laws, including an Arizona law. He told Fox News that he believed many of those outside his home are in Kansas illegally.

"You don't go to a public official's home and try to intimidate him because of the positions he's taken," he said.

He said it took police 15 minutes to respond to his home, which he believes is unacceptable when a "mob" was involved.

"I shudder to think what would have happened if one of members of the mob had tried to break into the house," he said.

He said Saturday's incident is an example of why Americans should bear arms.

"If we had been in the home and not been armed, I would have felt very afraid because it took the police 15 minutes to show up," he said to Fox News. "It's important we recognize there's a reason we have the Second Amendment. There are situations like this where you have a mob and you do need to be able to protect yourself."

He said if he had been home and the demonstrators had gotten out of hand his family would have been "in grave jeopardy."

"The Second Amendment is the private property owner's last resort," he said.

He believes laws were broken, including terrorizing a public official.

He said he will not bow to pressure.

"My views are set and I'm determined to do what I can to restore the rule of law," he said. "Let's obey our laws and not give amnesty to illegal aliens."

And Fox News said he leveled a warning to would-be protestors.

"Don't come to my home and don't scare my family," he said.

The Sunflower Community Action group that organized the protest has yet to respond to Kobach's comments and criticism.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/22614882/...bachs-doorstep

Added most recently added article to the Homepage with slightly amended title:
    http://www.alipac.us/content.php?r=1...-Kobach-s-home