Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An Open Letter to Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop of New Yo

An Open Letter to Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop of New York
    From: Howard Sutherland, a Roman Catholic American in New York

http://www.vdare.com/asp/printPage.asp? ... r_egan.htm

[Previously by Howard R. Sutherland More On The Mexodus: Parasite Nation]

“Cardinal Edward M. Egan, the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, was welcomed with heavy applause and spoke for 10 minutes in Spanish before turning to English.

“‘We cannot go on simply ignoring and tolerating the plight of our brothers and sisters,’ Cardinal Egan said. ‘Families are being damaged by cruel separation and in all too many instances shameful advantage is being taken of men and women in the work force who do not have proper papers.’ � [Immigrants Rally in City, Seeking Rights by Steven Greenhouse. New York Times, October 5, 2003]

Your Eminence:

I am a faithful Roman Catholic, loyal to the Magisterium and the doctrines of our Church. I am also an American whose family on both sides has been here since Colonial times.

With great sadness, I must express my disagreement with, and indeed disgust at, your singularly ill-chosen remarks at the mendaciously-misnamed “Immigrant Workers Freedom Ride� rally this past Saturday at Flushing Meadows Park.

[color=orange]The rally you shamefully dignified with your presence was, in truth, an enormous gathering of people in criminal violation of the immigration laws of the United Statesâ€â€
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

RIGHT ON!!! Mr. Sutherland, you are a fine outstanding person with courage. It is not easy to go against one's church, but in this matter, it was both appropriate and necesary. The Catholic Church is giving false hope to these people. The Catholic Church is attempting to "guilt trip" Catholic Americans into terminating their Nation; forfeiting lives and livelihoods for the most unnecessary of causes.

Charity begins at home and I suggest if the Catholic Church sees some need there, they dip into their deep coffers and address the poor in Mexico through the Mexican Catholic Churches. If they need money, I suggest the Vatican send them some.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Egan dont get it, we have Spanish mass now in some parts of NYC and Long Island.

caddinal egan

It's very sad that the catholic church is being bribed by the devil himself. God doesn't take payoffs! You can be a priest, cardinal, bishop, pope, minister, whatever, but that doesn't give you the right to lead people into temptation and sin. I am ashamed and appalled at the behavior of the catholic church! You can't give false hope to nations, in exchange for sunday dues. You can't just cast away your followers in the name of money. You have no right to change the laws that were made by the peope of one nation, in favor of another. The catholic church is misusing it's power, and trying to make it's followers feel guilty.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well said, Butterbean!!

AMEN!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In God's eyes it is only the TRUTH which matters. Mr. Sutherland, you have spoken the truth. Thank you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And the Truth shall prevail!!

God is Watching!