Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Open Letter to Sen. Joe Biden RE: AYE Vote on S. 2611

Senator Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
    221 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510

Fax (202) 224-0139

Dear Senator Biden,

I was extremely disappointed with your YEA vote on S. 2611. I am sure you had your reasons.

Those reasons elude me.

I am a born and raised Delawarean. You have been one of our Senators for as long as I can remember. I love my State, and I love my country. But it is becoming increasingly clear that I cannot trust my government to do right by its citizens.

I admire much of what you are about. You have shown an interest in Veterans issues, as well as those in active service. You were at the services for Pvt. 1st Class Stephen Paul Snowberger, III in Newark recently. I showed my respect to Pvt. Snowberger as a member of Patriot Guard Riders. I appreciate that you were there.

Senator, I think that you need to listen more closely to your constituency. Listen to the people in the supermarkets, the corner bars, and the train station. I believe that you no longer serve those you were sworn to represent.

I do not need to tell you about the S. 2611. You voted for it.

With this bill I see more bureaucracy being created. I see layers of government workers “processing” the credentials of illegal aliens and adding to the already burgeoning deficit.

Instead of a so-called “comprehensive” bill, why don’t we just address one simple issue first?

Secure the borders. Illegal immigrants are not going anywhere. They will be here next year and the year after. Let’s deal with this issue when cooler and less politically-motivated agendas can prevail.

I have many foreign-born friends who have stood in long lines and gone through unbelievable inconveniences in order to become citizens of the United States. With S. 2611 we are thumbing our noses at these good people.

Respectfully,
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Good letter!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a wonderful letter GirlGeek!

I have yet to receive a response to the near daily faxes I have been sending Joe Biden for the past few months. At least Mike Castle will get off the price of a stamp once in a while, and send a "canned" letter.

I showed my respect to Pvt. Snowberger as a member of Patriot Guard Riders.
    You people are AWESOME, truly!

Yes, I get those 'canned' responses as well. They have the dim view that because a citizen receives a letter with officially-embossed stationary that the response actually means something. Simply not true. I use them for kitty litter.

But this issue is too important to settle for that. I am open to any suggestions for more meaningful action. We're a small state, but we have influential politicians on the national level.

Suggestions, Mr. Parrot?
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Suggestions, Mr. Parrot?
    If you haven't already, I would suggest you sign up with the NumbersUSA website. They have a simple to use free faxing service with direct lines to our congress critters (see the tool bar on the home page). I send each of them faxes, almost daily, to express my dissapointment. Heck, I even send them in the name of my mom, dad, and husband (with their running permission of course)!

And of course phone calls are equally important in having your voice heard! Luckily all of our Delaware congress critters have several local numbers to choose from (NumbersUSA has the list) to spare us the cost of calling long distance.

http://numbersusa.com/index

So nice to see fellow Delawareans here!

I use them for kitty litter.
    Lol! Cage liner here.