Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Oregon Gov. Kate Brown says she’ll refuse Trump order to deploy state guardsmen to bo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown says she’ll refuse Trump order to deploy state guardsmen to bo

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown says she’ll refuse Trump order to deploy state guardsmen to border

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Updated: 10:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Democratic governor of Oregon said Wednesday that she will refuse to send National Guard forces to guard the border with Mexico.

Gov. Kate Brown even trolled President Trump, tagging his “RealDonaldTrump” handle in the tweets in which she said her state’s units will not participate in his border-security plan.

“If @realDonaldTrump asks me to deploy Oregon Guard troops to the Mexico border, I’ll say no. As Commander of Oregon’s Guard, I’m deeply troubled by Trump’s plan to militarize our border,” she wrote on Twitter.

Governor Kate Brown

@OregonGovBrown
    If @realDonaldTrump asks me to deploy Oregon Guard troops to the Mexico border, I’ll say no. As Commander of Oregon’s Guard, I’m deeply troubled by Trump’s plan to militarize our border.
    2:41 PM - Apr 4, 2018

In a later tweet, she said there had been no request by the federal government to send Oregon’s Guard units.

But nevertheless, “I have no intention of allowing Oregon’s guard troops to be used to distract from his troubles in Washington,” she wrote.

Governor Kate Brown

@OregonGovBrown
    6h
    If @realDonaldTrump asks me to deploy Oregon Guard troops to the Mexico border, I’ll say no. As Commander of Oregon’s Guard, I’m deeply troubled by Trump’s plan to militarize our border.

Governor Kate Brown

@OregonGovBrown
    There’s been no outreach by the President or federal officials, and I have no intention of allowing Oregon’s guard troops to be used to distract from his troubles in Washington.
    2:41 PM - Apr 4, 2018

Mr. Trump signed an order Wednesday ordering the deployment of National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border, with his Homeland Security secretary saying it would be along the lines of similar actions taken by both his two immediate predecessors as president — Barack Obama and George W. Bush.

Theoretically, a president can override a governor in this matter, by formally “federalizing” the National Guard into active duty, as happened during both Mr. Bush’s war on terrorism and his father’s earlier war to reverse Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait. But Mr. Trump’s measure Wednesday was not such an order.

The first reaction on Twitter to Ms. Brown’s planting of her state’s flag against protecting the border came from Terri Lamke, whose Twitter bio included the hashtags “MAGA” and “Keep America Great.”

“Well thank God your not on a border,” she told the Oregon governor. “So glad you think of yourself over the rest of us and your own citizens.”

Governor Kate Brown

@OregonGovBrown
    6h

Terri Lamke
    @terri_lamke
    Well thank God your not on a border country. So glad you think of yourself over the rest of us and your own citizens.
    3:32 PM - Apr 4, 2018

There was no immediate reaction to the governor from @RealDonaldTrump.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...nal-guard-ord/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope this b----- gets arrested.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gee, Gerry BROWN of California is planning the same thing.