Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The O'Reilly Factor fixing immigration

The O'Reilly Factor
    Fixing Immigration
    By Bill O'Reilly

http://www.smokymountainsentinel.com/ne ... n/008.html

Here in the New York City area, where I am writing this, there could be as many as a million illegal aliens living in the region. Nobody really knows the exact number because the local authorities don't ask - they don't want to know.

What the authorities do know is that the city's economy would collapse if all the illegals were rounded up and taken away.

And, certainly, the powers that-be in New York, California and everywhere else illegal labor is embedded don't want disruption. I mean, who's gonna drive the cabs and clean the dishes?

It is important to understand that mentality in deciding what to think about the illegal immigration mess. Business in America is solidly behind the chaos, and so are many politicians, although they'd never admit it. That's why nothing has been done to solve the illegal immigration problem for more than 20 years.

But many regular folks are angry about the immigration crisis. Neighborhoods are different, crimes are committed by foreign nationals who shouldn't be here, press one for English on your telephone, and so on. We are all impacted by this colossal mess, but divided as to how to deal with it.

The hard-line anti-immigration people want the illegals out. They broke the law; they must go.

Many liberal Americans want compassion. The illegals are poor; let them stay.

And the great middle watches the ping-pong game of charges and countercharges. The result: Nothing is getting done.

So here is my no spin immigration plan, which, I believe, is fair and would be acceptable to most Americans.

First, the southern border must be protected by at least 700 miles of barrier, backed up by a doubling of the Border Patrol. To assist those federal agents, 10,000 National Guard would be stationed near the border.

That would effectively close the border to smugglers of humans and drugs. If you oppose that strategy, you do not want a secure border. Period.

Second, all illegal aliens currently in the USA must register at their local post office with Homeland Security. If they do not register, they would be subject to immediate deportation. After processing by the feds, the aliens would then receive a tamper-proof identifi- cation card, allowing them to temporarily work here.

Third, any business that hires aliens who do not have the government-issued ID would be criminally charged.

Fourth, all registered illegal aliens would be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Those deemed by federal authorities to be self-sufficient, law-abiding people would receive the so-called "Z-Visas," giving them resident status but not automatic citizenship. That would have to be earned over a number of years by complying with a set of obligations, including paying fines and back taxes, learning English and staying employed.

Any alien with a criminal record, or who is unemployed, would not be eligible for the ZVisa.

T

hat takes the blanket amnesty

issue off the table and shifts responsibility onto those who entered the USA illegally. They must prove they are responsible enough for citizenship.

U

nfortunately, some on the

left object to strenuous regulations for illegal aliens, but that point of view has no future. Most Americans, according to the polls, will accept new compatriots provided the southern pipeline is shut down and a fair penalty for illegal behavior is imposed.

My plan is just one page long, not 800 pages like the Senate madness. It can be done.
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Second, all illegal aliens currently in the USA must register at their local post office with Homeland Security. If they do not register, they would be subject to immediate deportation. After processing by the feds, the aliens would then receive a tamper-proof identifi- cation card, allowing them to temporarily work here.
    You've got to be kidding......you gonna fingerprint them?? What are you gonna do with millions of illegals and terrorists descending on the post office???? Imagine that scene! This is amnesty with icing on top. Walk-in, use any name I want....get my card and go on to the next post office, repeat, and proceed to next. You think the DMV is messed up...forget about ever going to the post office again. It will be impossible. O'Reilly has totally lost it. I think this scenario would make a great cartoon!

The solution is to allow every police dept in the country to enforce immigration law and certainly allow them to question people about status. You don't have to round-up anybody, just the ones taken into routine custody would be more than enough to keep people busy. If you want to curb illegals, you have to instill a sense of fear. If they know they are going to be deported, then they will not come.

It's mind-boggling that people who have been stopped by the police or arrested can't be questioned about their status if they can't show proof of legality. Take the restrictions off the police......stop sanctuary cities and enforce the laws. AND STOP PANDERING TO LAWBREAKERS FOR CHEAP VOTES AND CHEAP LABOR!

MW
    Worrying about what that idiot O'Reilly says isn't even worth the effort. To think, I actually used to like him (a little). Now I can't stand to hear his voice.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    You've got to be kidding......you gonna fingerprint them?? What are you gonna do with millions of illegals and terrorists descending on the post office???? Imagine that scene! This is amnesty with icing on top. Walk-in, use any name I want....get my card and go on to the next post office, repeat, and proceed to next. You think the DMV is messed up...forget about ever going to the post office again. It will be impossible. O'Reilly has totally lost it. I think this scenario would make a great cartoon!

The solution is to allow every police dept in the country to enforce immigration law and certainly allow them to question people about status. You don't have to round-up anybody, just the ones taken into routine custody would be more than enough to keep people busy. If you want to curb illegals, you have to instill a sense of fear. If they know they are going to be deported, then they will not come.

It's mind-boggling that people who have been stopped by the police or arrested can't be questioned about their status if they can't show proof of legality. Take the restrictions off the police......stop sanctuary cities and enforce the laws. AND STOP PANDERING TO LAWBREAKERS FOR CHEAP VOTES AND CHEAP LABOR!
    What a laugh, the government cannot even process American citizens passports in a timely matter. Even the ones that pay extra have not gotten their passports in time for their trips. What a joke our government has become.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Worrying about what that idiot O'Reilly says isn't even worth the effort. To think, I actually used to like him (a little). Now I can't stand to hear his voice.
    Agreed.

What?

Bill said, "What the authorities do know is that the city's economy would collapse if all the illegals were rounded up and taken away."

You gotta be kidding me! The government tells us that illegals make up 5% of the workforce. The economy will not collapse if we suddenly remove 5% of the workforce, especially when most of that 5% is unskilled low level workers.

We have an unemployment rate of 4.5%. What would our unemployment rate be if we had no illegals? 1%? 2%?

All that would happen if we deported all of the illegals tomorrow would be that we would pay more for a cab ride, a meal at a restaurant, or we might have to mow our own lawn. So what? Our economy would be just fine.

Also, a fringe benefit would be that crime would drop, medical costs would too, and our law enforcement would have more time to investigate serious crimes.

I'm willing to try it.
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

What a hair brained Idea. The president of this nation needs to announce all illegal aliens have 30 days to depart this country, after that you will be considered a felon. keep you familys intact and leave on your own. We will not tolorate anymore law breating in this country from this day forward!! Is that a pipe dream or what!

.................................................. .................................................. .......
    RED ALERT
    LAST DAY FOR DONATIONS HELP GET MILLIONS INVLOVED
    "IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT
    ............................Check out this link everyone!!.................................[/b]
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68894
    LETS SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM THIS INVASION! We need everone envolved even you LOOKIE LOU'S yes you come on CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS TO OUR SENATORS!!
    DAILY INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=392574
    ALL CONTACT INFORMATION.....Senators, news, radio, ETC.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68216
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    ditto.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!