Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Organization is against all illegal immigration

Organization is against all illegal immigration
    Friday
    March 30, 2007

Imagine that. A radical, liberal organization, the Southern Poverty Law Center, throwing the label of "hate group" at a conservative organization it can't compete with in the arena of ideas. I am disgusted that the SPLC is so intellectually dishonest as to resort to name-calling rather than to rationally debate the issues.

Heidi Beirich, deputy director of the Intelligence Project for the SPLC, said if it denigrates people for characteristics they cannot change, it is hateful, in "Law Center lists YAF as 'hate group'" (SN 3/15). Let's be intellectually honest. YAF does not engage in "immigrant bashing." YAF opposes illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants can easily change the characteristic for which YAF denigrates them. They can return to their country of origin and follow the law. If they wish to come back, they can apply through the Immigration and Naturalization Service like every other person who enters legally.

Illegal immigration is a federal crime under Title 8 § 1325 of the U.S. Code. If they created families, that's unfortunate, but it doesn't negate the fact that they committed a crime. We take people away from their families and throw them in jail every day. How is sending criminals back to where they are from different?

I am fully in favor of legal immigration. In fact, my company hires many legal immigrants and encourages and assists them to legally bring their families to the United States.

Still think illegal immigration is no big deal? Let's make a simple analogy: The next time someone you know is assaulted or battered, just remember you thought a misdemeanor was no big deal.

Charles W. Skinner
    first-year MSU College of Law student and president of the Conservative Law Society

http://www.statenews.com/op_article.phtml?pk=40473

Who is YAF and why does the SPLC claim they are a hate group? I'm confused.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Who is YAF and why does the SPLC claim they are a hate group? I'm confused.

W
    Young Americans for Freedom, this group was in Michigan.

I saw this somewhere and thought it was apropo:
    If calling Illegals criminals is a hate crime then putting a rapist in jail is sexual harrasment.

Yea, I think they participated in the Catch the Illegals skit/game. I can think of two other college campuses that have done this. It's designed to create public awareness. Really, it should fall under freedom of expression.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    John Wayne and Ronald Reagan were both members of YAF while in college.

My guess is their both spinning about now.