Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Organization Says Local Extremist Activity Brewing

Organization Says Local Extremist Activity Brewing

A national group warns extremist activity is brewing right in East Lansing. The "Young Americans for Freedom" at Michigan State University have officially been listed as a hate group by a well-known civil rights watchdog.

The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors hate groups and extremist activity around the country. In their current map of Michigan, they list 25 active hate groups across the state, including Neo Nazi organizations and Ku Klux Klan chapters, but they're about to add another one, and it's right here in mid-Michigan.

They are the "Young Americans for Freedom" at Michigan State University, and they call themselves a "conservative youth organization," but a prominent civil rights group is calling them something very different- a hate group. Group President Kyle Bristow says he was shocked to hear his organization listed alongside Neo Nazis and Skinheads.

Kyle Bristow, MSU Young Americans for Freedom: "It's untrue, it's not true at all."

But the Southern Poverty Law Center says Young Americans for Freedom at MSU have a history of engaging in hateful behavior, including embracing white supremist views, using anti-gay slurs and frequent insults toward immigrants, allegations the group strongly denies.

Kyle Bristow: "We're not a violent group at all, we don't attack individuals, we're not violent, we just focus on political issues we feel important."

Issues that are highly controversial, like the group's plan for a campus game called "catch an illegal immigrant," and their stance against ethnic groups on student government.

Kyle Bristow: "It's wrong to have exclusive groups for people based on race."

The hate group list doesn't carry any legal penalty, but it will be distributed to more than 50,000 law enforcement agencies, but Bristow says, despite the disturbing new label, Young Americans for Freedom will continue its campus activities as planned.

University officials say the Young Americans for Freedom have not violated any campus rules or regulations, and that the university will not let external organizations influence its policies.

Terry Denbow, Vice President University Relations: "We cannot allow any group from the right, from the left or from the center to say that our values must be the ones that you accept and endorse for a student group at Michigan State University."

The Young Americans for Freedom say they are considering filing a character defamation lawsuit.

http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=6233040

Organization says local extremist

Young Americams for Freedom has been an organized group for decades. Why are they suddenly labeled "extremist"?
    Christians are labeled extremists too because of the Bible's teaching on homosexuality and the evils of money, to name a few.

QUOTE: Kyle Bristow, MSU said "It's wrong to have exclusive groups for people based on race."

Has anyone told the blacks and La Raza this?

But the Southern Poverty Law Center says Young Americans for Freedom at MSU have a history of engaging in hateful behavior, including embracing white supremist views, using anti-gay slurs and frequent insults toward immigrants, allegations the group strongly denies.
    I want to see their evidence of this.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not on the list yet, but im having trouble getting their site search feature to work here.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/map/hate.jsp?S=MI&m=4
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But the Southern Poverty Law Center says Young Americans for Freedom at MSU have a history of engaging in hateful behavior
    The SPLC is very selective in its outrage. I doubt that they have characterized openly racist groups like La Raza and Mecha as hate groups. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find the SPLC is a financial supporter of both of those groups.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Southern Poverty Law Center only seems to be interested in white hate groups. The only brown pride or pro illegal alien group I found is Voz de Aztlan. What about Mexica Movement? Wouldn't that be considered a "hate group"? I feel and sense more hate on that site than any other site I've ever visited. Is the SPL racist or am I missing something here?

SPLC is just another ACLU. Very liberal anti-american.

ncm

embracing white supremist views, using anti-gay slurs and frequent insults toward immigrants, allegations the group strongly denies
    How about LaRaza supremist views? Everything for the race, nothing for the rest?

How about anti-hetersexual slurs from gays? Such as the sight of a man and woman together or kissing makes them sick?

How about the frequent insults from illegal Mexicans to gringos? Like it's the duty of white old people to die? Or, you gringos, go back to England, you don't belong here? Or, them asking for teachers and politicans of their own race to teach and represent them?

Of the many groups and individuals listed as hate or terrorist groups/individuals, circulated in a flyer issued by the FBI Nov. 14, 2001
    here's a few:

Defenders of the Constitution against federal gubermint and the UN (super patriots)
    Skinheads, Nazis, Neo-Nazis, Black Separatists, KKK, Christian Identity, White Nationalists

Make numerous references to US Constitution

Attempt to police the police

Animal Rights

Eco-terrorism

Violent anti-abortion extremism

Urban riot agitators

Cyber penetration

Non-aligned terrorists

Dommsday/cult-type group

Lone individuals

Front cover of this pamplet says "IF YOU ENCOUNTER any of the following, Call the Joint Terrorism Task Force (Federal Bureau of Investigation 201 East Indianola Avenue Phoenix, Arizona 85012)

Keep in mind, this pamphlet came out just 2 months after we were attacked (Sept. 11, 01) by so-called radical Islamic terrorist. In Nov. 2001, were they seeking out Islamic terrorist or American citizens?

No one can convince me our gubermint is really fighting a war on terror against radical Islam. If they were why would they be defending them in this country as peace loving people and leaving our borders wide open? Apparently to them, we the people of the USA are the enemy.

When our youth is considered a hate or terrorist group because they are trying to defend their rights, it's time to look a little deeper into where our country and it's people are being forced to go.

I smell communism and ethnic cleansing brewing! Communism of America says they'll ban racism, I think we all know by now what they mean by racism. I saw a video clip of one of the many concentration camps in the US, all the signs are in ENGLISH.
    Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

A finger points at the moon, the fool stares at the finger.

BeckyAl wrote:

SPLC is just another ACLU. Very liberal anti-american.
    That's hitting the nail right on the head. Many people don't realize that they are both run by individuals with those individuals specific direction.

They choose who they're going to slam next and their actions have nothing to do with objectivity and everything to do with personal opinion and political activism.

Yep. The SPLC deserves absolutely no recognition nor given any validity. As a matter of fact I would support a movement to run them out of business. They are incredible biased, destructive and Anti-American.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast