Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OSHA redefining ammunition as explosives w/UN, DOT

NRA e mailed me -

go to the NRA website or the OSHA website. OSHA has introduced a docket (a rulemaking docket) to say that ammo, including separate components (to prevent reloading), will be classified as an explosive.

What's the definition of an explosive? Well, OSHA says that an explosive is what the DOT and the United Nations defines it as. Inother words, if you have, use, transport, manufacture (reload) - anything to do with ammo, you arein posession of an explosive. Now, ATF says that YOU CAN"T HAVE AN EXPLOSIVE DEVICE. If ammo is an explosive, then a gun is an explosive device. I know my definitions - my hubby is a gunsmith (licensed). I'm posting the actual docket on here, but you'll have to go to t NRA or OSHA website . OSHA is taking public comments via electronic forms of theirs until JULY 12th ONLY.

Why isn't this a violation of 2nd amedment? Because OSHA isn't ELECTED. ATF isn't ELECTED. It takes the blame off of the pliticians. Get ready, cause here it comes....... Spread this to everyone you know.

Dockett# OSHA-2007-0032

This is only the beginning..better stock up!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

Re: OSHA redefining ammunition as explosives w/UN, DOT

Quote Originally Posted by Dezbah1911
    NRA e mailed me -

go to the NRA website or the OSHA website.
    This is not on the NRA website.

I found nothing directly related on the OSHA website. But osha.gov does say this:

"OSHA is also proposing to retain the provisions in Sec. 1910.109(j) that cover the storage of small arms ammunition and components of small arms ammunition. Although small arms ammunition and components of small arms ammunition, such as small arms primers and smokeless propellants, are explosives, ATF's explosives storage regulations do not apply to the storage of ammunition as defined in 27 CFR 555.11 (see 27 CFR 555.141(a)(4)). Thus, OSHA's existing Sec. 1910.109(j) covering the storage of small arms ammunition and components of small arms ammunition are not preempted by ATF's regulations."

Assuming a rational judicial interpretation (which is a stretch, I admit ), this indicates that ATF prohibitions on explosives would not intrude into OSHA safety regulations which assign legal small arms ammunition and primers to the explosives category. In other words, OSHA defining ammo as explosives does not run afoul of ATF prohibitions on other explosives.

Can anyone else verify Dezbah1911's claims here?
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Re: OSHA redefining ammunition as explosives w/UN, DOT

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezbah1911
    NRA e mailed me -

go to the NRA website or the OSHA website.
    This is not on the NRA website.

I found nothing directly related on the OSHA website. But osha.gov does say this:

"OSHA is also proposing to retain the provisions in Sec. 1910.109(j) that cover the storage of small arms ammunition and components of small arms ammunition. Although small arms ammunition and components of small arms ammunition, such as small arms primers and smokeless propellants, are explosives, ATF's explosives storage regulations do not apply to the storage of ammunition as defined in 27 CFR 555.11 (see 27 CFR 555.141(a)(4)). Thus, OSHA's existing Sec. 1910.109(j) covering the storage of small arms ammunition and components of small arms ammunition are not preempted by ATF's regulations."

Assuming a rational judicial interpretation (which is a stretch, I admit ), this indicates that ATF prohibitions on explosives would not intrude into OSHA safety regulations which assign legal small arms ammunition and primers to the explosives category. In other words, OSHA defining ammo as explosives does not run afoul of ATF prohibitions on other explosives.

Can anyone else verify Dezbah1911's claims here?

My husband, who has 20+years of experience in explosives, spent a couple of hours looking at this, and doesn't see anything to worry about. He said all it looks like to him is an actual updated version like is claimed. As for small arms ammo being classified as explosives....well, it is, and always has been. It's classified by the UN and DOT as a very low level explosive of minimal risk and is only designated as such for the purposes of the Global Harmonization System, which is not new by the way, and quite necessary for those who need to know what they are dealing with.

Could a gun be defined as an "explosive actuator device" as is outlined by the ATF? In his experience, nope.

I don't think there's a need to push the panic button just yet....OSHA just needs to update their dinosaur it looks like.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)