Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

John Cornyn

THE BORDER SECURITY AND
    IMMIGRATION REFORM ACT

U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas)
    "My temporary worker program is a balanced, common sense solution to our broken immigration system. It addresses the need for better border and homeland security while acknowledging the important contributions that immigrants make to our economy. It will bring hard-working immigrants out of the shadows and onto our tax rolls, while combating human smuggling and other exploitation."

"My plan acknowledges that millions of undocumented men and women go to work every day in America in violation of our immigration law, outside the protection of our labor law, and without any way of our government knowing who, or where they are. This program would allow us to account for immigrants who are no threat to America, and distinguish them from those who are. Our homeland security needs demand that we account for the millions of unknown immigrants living within our borders."
    Sourcehttp://www.cornyn.senate.gov/reform/index.cfm

Ok. Above is the reason why I feel like Cornyn doing anything against illegal immigration is like a fox in the henhouse. I tried to find something favorable, honest. Those are his own words on his own web page.

I don't like his plan. I don't want amnesty, acknowledgement or anything else with a positive light for people who broke the law. I don't want to support these people for the rest of my life, either.

Further, I don't see any "important contributions" the people he is talking about make to our economy. Important NEGATIVE issues maybe, but nothing positive that is for sure.

Those immigrants aren't going to jump up and turn themselves in unless they are offered something pretty darn important in exchange--like US citizenship, no questions asked. Ronald Reagan proved that over 20 years ago. Clinton turned around and gave some more amnesty.

What does amnesty say to Americans and LEGAL immigrants? What will it say to future would-by illegal immigrants? This way has proven to be a giant failure by both Reagan and Clinton. I don't want to have amnesty given to 20 million people because they broke the law and I will fight like the dickens to prevent it from ever happening again. I lived in third world nations and have seen the ugly side of that life. I definitely don't want it for this country and that is exactly what we will have if we don't put a halt to this now.

Nope, sorry Roadrunner, I can't support Senator Cornyn until he gets 180 degrees off that stance and proves to me many times over that he is against amnesty, wants the illegals gone and the borders closed so that more can't get in.

I am not against a program for legal guest workers once we get the illegals out and stop them from coming in. However, there need to be restrictions on those guest workers and their time in this country MUST have an end date as well as a start date and their employers should have to be responsible for their welfare.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My temporary worker program is a balanced, common sense solution to our broken immigration system.
    I think the keywords here are 'temporary worker'.

I always get responses from Cornyn's office. Hutchinson, too, but she's slower. She sends her replies snail mail. Cornyn sends his email.

I don't believe we need a guest worker program. Something quite temporary would suit...as in 'seasonal work', and NO families entering.

I don't know how Sen. Cornyn is going to prove up in the overall term...but this is his first term. I'll wait and watch. Right now, I like him. Tomorrow I may want to go dismantle his office brick by brick. We'll see.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

LOL Sounds to me as of the news today that Delay is going to get pushed out the door. What is the scoop with him anyway? I'm pretty disgusted with the republicans at the moment. I really feel betrayed because of this illegal immigration thing.
    Two things: Tom DeLay is a very powerful congressman they've been trying to get rid of for years. He's a brilliant man. He's done nothing wrong in employing his family and they won't prove that he has. Heck, I employ my family here on the ranch! Nepotism..sure...all businesses employ all the family members that they can. sheesh

I really feel betrayed because of this illegal immigration thing.
    You are certainly not alone in that. We ARE being betrayed. You can thank Clinton for his illegal and unconstitutional 'emergency' voting on NAFTA for the extreme rise in illegal immigration. Those of us who are American Indians are being betrayed twice. First we got run over by the whites...and now the whites can't see where they're going with this illegal immigration thing. No foresight. If they had they'd be able to see that once we're overwhelmed THEY are overwhelmed. Senseless.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12