Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our tax dollars might go to Illegal Aliens from Swift Raid

This is the same Human Relations Commission that printed their decision against a local ICE office in Spanish and English both with the Spanish version stapled on top!!!!

Greeley Human Relations Commission might give $2,000 for families hurt by raid

Joanna Larez, (Bio) jlarez@greeleytribune.com
    December 14, 2006

The Greeley Human Relations Commission isn't waiting around.

Members didn't wait for their next scheduled monthly meeting to discuss how the Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid has impacted the community, and they will not wait for a new immigration grant the city won last week.

The Greeley and Evans communities received a $10,000 grant last week from The Colorado Trust to begin planning action to build a stronger community with good relationships with immigrants. Initial planning starts this month and should be finished in May. The communities then will be eligible for grants of $75,000 annually for four years.

While the commissioners talked Wednesday about the grant, they said they did not want to wait for it to take action. They wanted to work out some solutions to immigration concerns now, especially in light of Tuesday's ICE raid.

Their first step was to offer a $2,000 grant toward the Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church fund for families hurt by the raid.

"I think it's one step," said Fabiola Rios, 37, of Evans. "It's good to know these people care for their community."

Commissioners expressed concerns about families whose loved ones were detained or deported in the ICE raid, but they weren't sure about the magnitude of the raid's effects.

Sylvia Martinez, spokeswoman for Latinos Unidos, was one of 12 people who attended the commission's special meeting and tried to answer some questions. Definite answers, however, are still hard to come by.

Martinez did share some stories about families that have been torn apart and people who are afraid to ask for help because they don't know if they, too, will be deported.

Maria Flores, 39, of Greeley is a member of Latinos Unidos who attended the special meeting. She said she was pleased with the commission's first step to address community concerns about families.

"They look like they feel what the Latino community is feeling right now," Flores said.

What's next

What: Special meeting for the Greeley Human Relations Commission

When: 5 p.m. Tuesday

Where: Greeley City Hall, 1000 10th St.

Details: Members will discuss partnering with nonprofit agencies to further help distressed families

Come on ICE raid them again and again! And while your at it investigate thier outfit too!

Please feel free to call the Human Relations Committee to voice your feelings about their support of Illegal Immigrants with Colorado tax dollars:

The Greeley Human Relations Commission can be contacted by calling the Human Resources Department at 970.350.9710

Found an email address too:
    mccabes@ci.greeley.co.us

I am going to call and advise them that if they make this $2,000 donation I will be grouping together with friends to call/visit/email/fax/etc the state to advise of this atrocity and ask that they revoke Greeley's $75,000 grant next year!

Please help and call guys, I'm frustrated as hell over this!

Good plan Duece, I sent them my email of protest.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader01
    Come on ICE raid them again and again! And while your at it investigate thier outfit too!
    I agree! No recipients = no grants.

MW
    Email sent!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Email sent!!!

Thank you all for your help, this just really hit me the wrong way today. Its only $2,000 but its the idea behind it that gets to me.

Guaranteed if this donation goes through I will be tracking every dollar of their $10,000 grant for a writeup to the state.

I sent the following if anybody is looking for some ideas on what to send:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello

I am writing you today with my concerns about the Human Relations Commission's thoughts on donating $2,000 from a tax funded grant to the Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church fund. Our tax dollars already go to supporting illegal immigrants via many avenues in our countries social services. I am asking you to not add to that burden on our tax paying citizens by using this grant money to further support illegal immigration.

If this donation is made to Our Lady of Peace in support of illegal immigrants I have every intention of documenting this and any other future flagrant use of this state grant. With that information I will petition the state with support of friends, family, and the community asking that they revoke this grant next year due to improper use of funds.

Please do the right thing. I agree this raid came at an aweful time, but keep in mind illegal immigration is not a victimless crime. There are many families that will spend this Christmas as victims of identity theft. They will not be able to get unemployment while out of work, they're credit will be ruined, they might even have a false criminal record.

Your commission was put in place to do the will of the people (Legal tax paying citizens fo your community.) We are expecting you to do the right thing and will take action if you don't!

Thank you for your time.

-bud

A concerned citizen

Bah, I didn't do my homework, it looks like the "Colorado Trust" is a private organization:

http://www.coloradotrust.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast