Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Overwhelming of America

Long article but good one

http://www.martynemko.com/pub/articles/Guestworker.shtm

Marty Nemko, Ph.D.

Marty Nemko, Ph.D.

I don’t fit the profile of someone who worries about uncontrolled immigration.

My parents are immigrants, I know that immigrants have contributed mightily to America, and I’m no American flag waver. I am ashamed, for example, of America’s international hubris, environmental callousness, obscene materialism, declining ethical standards, and unconscionable disparity between rich and poor.

So, I never was particularly concerned about uncontrolled immigration. I was additionally reassured because the media was reporting research that found illegal immigration to be a net plus for the US, for example, the ubiquitous assertions that we need illegals because they do the work that legal resident’s won’t.

But one day, one of my unemployed clients said, “Damn, I’d even work in one of those poultry plants if they paid a half-decent wage.â€? It made me start to wonder whether uncontrolled immigration was being ignored mainly because it allows corporations to get cheap laborâ€â€
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

With all due respect, this site should be called Americans for NO Immigration. Enough is enough...

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/

Re: The Overwhelming of America

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    Long article but good one
    Just from the title it says it all. Good find.

Quote Originally Posted by CTPatriot
    With all due respect, this site should be called Americans for NO Immigration. Enough is enough...

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/
    How do you mean? that article is about Illegal Immigration whcih ALIPAC is against. ALIPAC is For LEGAL IMMIGRATION.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Nemko's probably correct but for one teensy detail. The left wing is very fond of calling illegal aliens "undocumented entrants" but the truth is it's a lie. They are not undocumented. They are fraudulently documented. And often, employers cannot detect an illegal alien. It used to be easy but now with 15-20 million linguistically challenged and fraudulently documented, they just do their best and move ahead with business. It's now up to the military to round them up and deport them. Nothing of this scope has ever been necessary in the history of the planet. We need some big politicos with big minds and big plans.
    '58 Airedale

What we're up against - "their" website

Hi,
    The lower left corner of the Immigration Portal website reads:
    ImmigrationPortal Forums Statistics
    Threads: 185,689, Posts: 1,249,970, Members: 121,937
    Immigration Portal, of Arlington, VA, takes care of all kinds of foreign nationals on US soil, from illegal aliens to green card holders.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/

On that website, they arrogantly orchestrate petitions to the US Congress, letter writing campaigns and petitions to "their" congressmen and "their" senators on a highly organized scale. Example:

http://devforums.immigrationportal.c...m.php?petId=11

May I make a suggestion? Our elected officials need to be reminded that foreign nationals aren't voters [yet].

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I surf with active scripting and Active-X turned off. I avoid hostile code that way but, at times, it hinders opening some sites. Perhaps that is why the link to Nemko's site didn't work for me.

Here is a link that does work:

http://www.martynemko.com/home.htm

Good article with good ideas for solutions!!!

Instead, the US should impose and enforce severe penalties on employers who hire illegals. If an employer cannot find a legal worker, it must improve salaries and working conditions until a legal resident will take the position. The government must also eliminate incentives for foreigners to sneak into the US: no benefits to illegals and their families except for emergency health care.

Also, we should do more to make citizens of other countries less eager to leave their homeland. Such efforts should focus on Mexico because it is the source of the majority of illegal immigrants. What could be done? Mexico is home to half of Latin America’s billionaires. Mexico should more heavily tax its wealthy to provide higher-quality education and health care for all its citizens. US banks and non-profits, perhaps with a government subsidy, should provide microloans to help Mexican citizens start their own local businesses. For 25 years, microloans have helped millions of poor people to raise their standard of living, even in the most poverty-wracked countries. In addition, the Mexican government needs to take some responsibility for its people’s poverty. For example, its government is notoriously corrupt, creating a gap between rich and poor that dwarfs the disparity we so decry in the US. If President Fox is to expect the US to assist Mexico, he needs to make all efforts to clean up the corruption.

If you believe that uncontrolled immigration is damaging to America and indirectly to the world, seek out candidates willing to control immigration. Trouble is, I can’t find one.
    Oh, but there are good candidates in every election, but We The People need to a better job supporting them with our time and any money we can spare. Certainly, the business community isn't going to help us.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Swapped e-mails with the article's author.

I was surprised yet saddened when he stated an opinion I have held for several years; that it's too late. We have lost the "culture war."

I believe a critical mass has been reached and that the entrenched power structure places profits over anything and everything.

I may be wrong and perhaps some great turn-around will occur. I hope so. But, I believe the odds are against us.

IF I am right...... we are at the beginning of the end. America has reached an apex and is beginning the long slide into oblivion.

Viva La Raza, compadres.

The Spanish Armada did not complete its quest. Sadly, we do not have warriors and the cold deep sea to save us. We DO have the warriors but the elite class is not in peril so they are not turned loose to save our country and culture.

I am convinced there is only ONE way to save what we hold dear......

Am I allowed to say it? It is merely ONE person's opinion.........

Okay, I'll say it again. A Second American Revolution and drastic changes in the many systems that comprise the USA but mostly the political and economic systems and the elimination of the entrenched power structure that will destroy us, our country and culture...... while still allowing the existing elite class to lord over what they have allowed to fall.