Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

PA-Hazleton mayor named Pa.'s Mayor of the Year

Hazleton mayor named Pa.'s Mayor of the Year
    The Associated Press
    Article Last Updated: 07/20/2008 10:43:19 AM PDT

HAZLETON, Pa.—The mayor of Hazleton, Pa., who drew nationwide attention for his crackdown on illegal immigration, has been named the state's Mayor of the Year.
    Pennsylvania State Mayors Association gave Lou Barletta the honor Saturday. Group officials cited his illegal immigrant crackdown and his hands-on method of combating crime.

In 2006, the Hazleton City Council had approved a law that would deny business permits to companies that employ illegal immigrants, fine landlords who rent to them and require tenants to register and pay for a rental permit.

A federal judge has struck down the ordinance as unconstitutional.

The three-term Republican mayor is now running for Congress.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_9941535
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pennsylvania State Mayors Association gave Lou Barletta the honor Saturday. Group officials cited his illegal immigrant crackdown and his hands-on method of combating crime.

In 2006, the Hazleton City Council had approved a law that would deny business permits to companies that employ illegal immigrants, fine landlords who rent to them and require tenants to register and pay for a rental permit.
    WONDERFUL is all I can say
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's great!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congratulations, Mayor Barletta! You certainly deserve it!

I hope Sheriff Joe wins Most Outstanding Sheriff of the Year too!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

He has done a great deal to make the message clear about the harm of illegal immigration. Good News.

Romans 5:8
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

YEA !!!!!!!

go Mayor Lou

the Pro-Enforcement side is winning as Americans have finally woken up and local elected officials are realizing that they need to answer to their CONSTITUENTS and not ILLEGAL ALIENS, the profiteers of illegal immigration nor the ethno-supremacist open borders/pro-illegal alien advocacy groups.

Thank you, Mayor Barletta...you have done the right thing all along and Hazelton,PA and the Commonwealth of PA are all the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Congratulations, Mayor Barletta! You certainly deserve it!

I hope Sheriff Joe wins Most Outstanding Sheriff of the Year too!

I hadn't heard about Sheriff Joe that's great. We need to send congratulations to both of them.

Awesome!

Congratulations Mayor Barletta!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

July 20, 2008
    Barletta savors top-mayor prize
    Hazleton leader’s stance on illegal immigration a factor in Pa. award.
    By Steve Mocarskysmocarsky@timesleader.com
    Staff Writer

HAZLETON – Mayor Lou Barletta, known for his local crackdown on illegal immigration, has been named Mayor of the Year by his peers in the Pennsylvania State Mayors Association.

“It’s an honor I’ll remember the rest of my life because of who the award was given to me by,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast