Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pa. mayor who targeted illegals wins both party nominations

Pa. mayor who targeted illegals wins both party nominations

By stfmcral
    The Associated Press

HAZLETON, Pa. - Republican Mayor Lou Barletta, who gained national prominence by targeting illegal immigrants living in this city, won nomination Tuesday to a third term on the GOP ballot and also took the Democratic nomination in a write-in campaign.

Barletta faced only token opposition from GOP challenger Dee Deakos.

On the Democratic side, he received more than 1,200 write-in votes to defeat former Mayor Michael Marsicano, a retired airline pilot who led this northeastern Pennsylvania city in the late 1990s, according to unofficial returns. Marsicano received 699 votes.

Barletta, a businessman who took office in 2000, proposed the Illegal Immigration Relief Act last year after four illegal immigrants were charged with shooting and killing a man. The measure, on hold due to a legal challenge by Hispanic groups and individuals, was approved last summer and emulated by towns and cities around the nation. It would penalize landlords who rent to illegal immigrants and businesses that hire them.

Also Tuesday, two Hispanic candidates lost their primary bids for two open seats on Hazleton City Council. One of the candidates, Rudy Espinal, is a plaintiff in the illegal immigrant lawsuit.

May 15, 2007 10:50 PM

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/ ... 47269.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We need to tie this example in with Operation City Walls.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ROCK ON LOU!!!!!!!!!!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Re: Pa. mayor who targeted illegals wins both party nominati

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    On the Democratic side, he received more than 1,200 write-in votes to defeat former Mayor Michael Marsicano, a retired airline pilot who led this northeastern Pennsylvania city in the late 1990s, according to unofficial returns. Marsicano received 699 votes.
    Hey Howard Dean, wake up and smell the roses!!! I think I will call me Democratic Senators tomorrow and tell them the good news!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Holy Cow!!!!!

The good news is just pouring in tonight!
    The Mexican trucks
    The Vote in Oregon
    Mayor Barletta in PA.

The people are speaking.....are they listening in Washington?
    They better be if they want to keep their jobs.

proud american?????I missed the truck news?????
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    proud american?????I missed the truck news?????

I just saw the thread that the house voted 411 to 3 to block/reject the Mexican trucks...I reread it like three times. I was shocked.
    Apparently it was just reported on Lou Dobbs.

Proud American >>>WOW
    CAn you direct me to the thread...I am going to take a blood pressure pill now...LOL

It appears the people have spoken in Hazleton and not some special interest group of left-wing hand wringers.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Proud American >>>WOW
    CAn you direct me to the thread...I am going to take a blood pressure pill now...LOL
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63435

Uncomfirmed but I have read now on two threads that this is what Lou Dobbs is reporting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast