Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PA: Rally opposing illegal immigration largely peaceful

06/16/2007
    Rally opposing illegal immigration largely peaceful
    BY NICHOLE DOBO AND ERIN L. NISSLEY
    STAFF WRITERS

SCRANTON — A largely peaceful crowd lined the street in front of the William J. Nealon Federal Building calling for federal immigration reform.

“We need to close the border in 90 days,â€

[b]The grandson of an Italian immigrant, Riccardo believes a nation built on immigrants should be more willing to celebrate diversity.

“Communist countries build walls and fences, not democratic ones,â€

And the world is a changing. If countries want to live in peace they need to enforce immigration laws and build fences. There are to many gangs, too many people who are religious nuts. I for one would like to live in peace with a strong military guarding my country's fences.

Compassion or enforcement of the law

Mr. Riccardo,
    I am a legal immigrant from South America and I oppose illegal immigration. I support the respect of the law of this country by everyone. I think you are confused by your feelings. "Feeling" compassion does not mean we should break the law and harbor illegals in our midst. Feelings of compassion don't make good policies. Compassion is not what we should be feeling at this moment, but fear of might happen to this country if the powers that be give citizenship to 12-20 million illegals of all nationalities. These new illegal nationals will then bring their families from wherever they are and add another (at least) 20 million to the population. That would drain our resources, bring wages down, and increase unemployment, which would drain our resources even more.
    Mr. Riccardo, if I feel compassion, it is for this country and its legal residents who are being trampled on by a government that has been bribed by big corporations who are only interested in cheap labor. They need a new slave population after the civil rights movement said the party is over.
    I think you should get off your touchy-feely high horse and get more informed about what this Amnesty Bill is all about. The information is all over the Internet.
    Wipe your tears.