Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

James this is a great article, I posted the contents because alot of people don't like to click on links.

I would like to encourge everyone to write their state Representatives to sign on to "State Legislators for Legal Immigration" This everyone is a really good oportunity to get our voices heard though our states. I'm telling you this is where it begins, its good to drive them nuts in Wash. DC but our state Legislators have alot of power especially is they get to gether'
    Call, fax and e-mail them about this!!

__________________________________________________ __________
    State Legislators for Legal Immigration Founder Urges President Bush to Choose U.S. Constitution Over Congressional Illegal Alien Amnesty Sellout
    05/31/07

New nationwide coalition of state lawmakers launches unprecedented and historic effort to secure borders and cut off all economic attractions for illegal aliens

Rounding out a jam-packed, inaugural schedule of nation-wide grassroots activity that included major media events in Pennsylvania, Arizona and New Hampshire, State Legislators for Legal Immigration Founder, Pennsylvania State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler County) issued the following letter last week calling on President George W. Bush to honor his oath of office by fulfilling his Constitutional responsibilities to secure America’s borders against illegal alien invaders.

“Dear President Bush,

We are writing this letter to express our concern that the security of our nation is being held hostage by elected leaders in Washington, D.C., who are advocating on behalf of those profiting from the illegal aliens. Advancing legislation that gives any degree of preference for becoming citizens of our nation to individuals who have violated our borders and disrespected our rule of law is an affront to each and every patriotic U.S. citizen.

Last year, House Resolution 799 was passed by the General Assembly of Pennsylvania and a copy was transmitted to you and the Pennsylvania congressional delegation. HR 799 memorialized the President of the United States and the United States Congress to secure all borders of this nation to protect American citizens from the dangers of unlawful invasion and illegal immigration.

President Bush, as you well know, the federal government has a Constitutional obligation to secure our borders from the entry of illegal aliens.

Article 4, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution states that our government “shall guaranteeâ€
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

BTTT
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

He represents the next coutny over, Butler. What I love about living in western PA is that they are proactive here instead of reactive

I sent my Rep., Jerry Lewis (R) a copy of the letter and asked him if he intended to join this group of legislatures. I'll keep you posted on his reply.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    I sent my Rep., Jerry Lewis (R) a copy of the letter and asked him if he intended to join this group of legislatures. I'll keep you posted on his reply.
    Great, thanks I'm happy to hear someone is getting the point, but you should try to contact all the Reps. in your state as it is the states that are joining and they will need to vote and pass a resolution in order to join the coalition.