Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pair facing deportation confront DHS official, ask for end

Pair facing deportation confront DHS official, ask for end to fingerprint sharing program
    washingtonpost.com
    By Associated Press
    Published: August 24

ARLINGTON, Va. — Two Maryland women facing deportation pleaded with a Homeland Security official Wednesday to end a program that gives federal immigration authorities access to fingerprints of people arrested.

Speaking in Spanish, Maria Bolanos told Marc Rapp, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement acting assistant director for the Secure Communities program, that she was arrested after calling police in Maryland during a fight with her partner. She was arrested, she said, and accused of illegally selling telephone calling cards. Now she’s facing deportation because her fingerprints were shared with immigration authorities and she was identified as an illegal immigrant as part of the Secure Communities program.

“I’m not a criminal,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NO HABLA ESPANOL!B

[color=red][b]"I am fighting to stay here and not be separated from my children,â€
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="grandmasmad"][color=red][b]"I am fighting to stay here and not be separated from my children,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now she’s facing deportation because her fingerprints were shared with immigration authorities and she was identified as an illegal immigrant as part of the Secure Communities program.
    Here's the $64,000 question. Why were her fingerprints in the file to begin with? A previous arrest maybe?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Related:

Activists flood hearing on deportation program, confront official

Published: Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    By GILLIAN BROCKELL, MEDILL NEWS SERVICE, Written for UPI

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-248183-0-da ... rasc-.html