Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Not surprised especially since she was talking to Univision and we know with such a controversial subject as illegal immigration she's been rehearsed well as to what to say.

We hear candidates pander and say things but get into office and do something else.

She must realize an amnesty of 12-20 illegals will be the end of the Republican Party.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and hear what these people really think.
    Me too. I have a feeling that she would be open to LISTEN where as the others wouldn't be. Perhaps in Alaska she doesn't know the extent of the problem and how it hurts Americans. I think once she got the real info on it she would do a 180 turn.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Private Message

Gee. I sure wish I could remember who the fool was who told me I was wrong when I made this same claim here the other day just so I could sent this to them as a private message.

You know who you are. So here it is. Just for YOU.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wonder if her answer to supporting McStains amnesty plans would be different if she were not running for VP.

Doesn't really matter anyway, we're not electing that fool. It looks like we're electing the other fool! God help my wonderful country.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Palin on Immigration: Neither Yes nor No

La Opinión, Blog, Pilar Marrero, Translated by Elena Shore, Posted: Oct 24, 2008

Editor's Note: In her first interview with Spanish-language media, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin talked with Univision anchor Jorge Ramos this week. It was the first time Palin has answered questions about immigration, but it is still unclear where she stands, notes La Opinión political editor Pilar Marrero. Marrero writes an election blog in Spanish at blogs.impre.com/diarioelectoral.

LOS ANGELES -- In her first interview with the Spanish-language media, Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin answered questions about immigration for the first time.

It’s a subject the Alaska governor has never mentioned before. But listening to what she said didn’t clarify much. Her answers were very cautious and were designed, like those of McCain, to take a middle road that leaves their specific immigration reform policy unclear.

Palin told Univision’s Jorge Ramos that it would be impossible to deport 12 million undocumented immigrants, saying that "not only economically is that just an impossibility but that's not a humane way anyway to deal with the issue that we face with illegal immigration."

Asked whether she would support an "amnesty," she said, "Not total amnesty. You know, people have got to follow the rules. They've got to follow the bar, and we have got to make sure that there is equal opportunity and those who are here legally should be first in line for services being provided and those opportunities that this great country provides."

In another part of the interview, however, Palin said that she supports a path to citizenship for the undocumented. "I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'd rather fight amnesty with the McCain/Palin ticket that with the Obama/Biden ticket. It is very scarey that we might have a Democratic majority in the Senate as well as in the House. Can you even imagine the results of that with Obama/Biden in the White House????
    With the polls leaning so heavily towards Obama, it is no wonder the Dow keeps plunging. People are pulling money out left and right so they don't have to "share the wealth" that they have worked so hard for....Meaning the middle class folks, not the rich folks.
    God help us.

Given these responses, it is unclear whether Palin favors immigration reform, and how she would resolve the issue of the undocumented by first dealing with those who are here legally, since one issue has nothing to do with the other.
    It is apparent to me that she is good at learning her lessons quickly and essentially saying nothing about anything that matters to the American people. Sadly it has all come down to "trust us more than our opponents" with no real reason to trust either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    I'd rather fight amnesty with the McCain/Palin ticket that with the Obama/Biden ticket. It is very scarey that we might have a Democratic majority in the Senate as well as in the House. Can you even imagine the results of that with Obama/Biden in the White House????
    With the polls leaning so heavily towards Obama, it is no wonder the Dow keeps plunging. People are pulling money out left and right so they don't have to "share the wealth" that they have worked so hard for....Meaning the middle class folks, not the rich folks.
    God help us.
    I agree! Like Newt Gingrich said, "I'd rather fight McCain 10% of the time than Obama 90% of the time." IF we have a Democrat controlled Senate and House there will be no fighting. Just close up shop and go home. They haven't listened to us before and they sure as heck with full power won't do it then. They are already talking about taking the tax incentives away from our 401K's. These people are so control hunger. I think getting your money out of the country is a good idea. Swiss bank only, but that is what the wealthy are doing. The don't trust Obama and they won't be hiring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12