Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Partner in Crime (matricular consular cards) (op/ed)

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-rev ... 13589.html

Partner in crime
    Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The federal government's halfhearted efforts to stem the flow of illegal aliens into America are almost as intolerable as its weak-kneed stand with the accomplice to this security threat -- Mexico.

Al-Qaida terrorists may try to use America's sieve-like southern border to infiltrate this nation, according to intelligence reports.

They might already be here considering 682 "special interest aliens" from countries with active terrorist presences were caught along the southwestern border during the last fiscal year.

The year-old Arizona Border Control Initiative campaign, incorporating high-tech surveillance methods, is an improvement to America's lackadaisical enforcement. But even pilotless planes, ground sensors and remote video cameras can no more stop the waves of illegals than could King Canute when he commanded the tide to halt.

Mexico must start aggressively patrolling its border and stop issuing faux IDs. Its matricula consular cards have been handed out without authenticating their recipients. Millions of illegals are using that laminated paper to become virtual American citizens by getting driver's licenses and opening bank accounts.

Imagine how that could aid sleeper cells that sneak into this nation. Maybe the terrorists already have.

Mexico must become part of the solution instead of remaining part of the problem.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Mexico must start aggressively patrolling its border and stop issuing faux IDs.
    Maybe I could use a couple of those ids in case I run out of that stuff that is on a roll in the bathroom.

The federal government's halfhearted efforts to stem the flow of illegal aliens into America are almost as intolerable as its weak-kneed stand with the accomplice to this security threat -- Mexico.
    You are giving the Feds way too much credit. Their effort would have to be significantly improved to reach the level of "halfhearted." No guts, no glory. Looks like the Feds ain't gettin' no glory.

Mexico must become part of the solution instead of remaining part of the problem.
    That I would pay to see. Woops, I am already paying for them.
    Mexico has no incentive. We need to give them a few.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!