Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Passport Workshop for American-Born Kids Saturday

Passport Workshop for American-Born Kids Saturday

Updated: Friday, 06 Aug 2010, 7:06 PM MDT
    Published : Friday, 06 Aug 2010, 7:06 PM MDT

PHOENIX - Thousands of people are expected to show up tomorrow at St. Matthew's Catholic Church, seeking passports to protect their American-born children.

The parents may not be legal immigrants, but they want to be sure nobody questions the citizenship of their children in case something were to happen.

The passport workshop is sponsored by the League of United Latin American Citizens, or LULAC. Children born in America, with U.S. birth certificates, are citizens. But these parents want additional assurance their kids' rights will be protected -- and that means getting a U.S. passport.

The operation is designed to help kids born in America get U.S. passports to protect them if their parents have to leave the country.

"They can come back to the United States to go to school, to visit aunts and uncles, they have proper documentation, what they would need to do that."

It aims to give parents without papers some peace of mind.

"She is 3 years old, if anything happens… with a passport I can get her out of here, take her with me. If you get her without it you don't know what is going to happen," says one undocumented mother.

The U.S. Passport workshop will be at St. Matthew's Church at 20th Ave and West Van Buren, Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/lo ... y-8-6-2010
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"The passport workshop is sponsored by the League of United Latin American Citizens, or LULAC. Children born in America, with U.S. birth certificates, are citizens. But these parents want additional assurance their kids' rights will be protected -- and that means getting a U.S. passport. "

Oh, of course...somebody thought of this detail. Otherwise when leaving with their parents back to their home country they would not practically be able to return. But this doesn't say what evidence they are presenting to get the passports. And what gives a church the right to be involved in a governmental process?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    "The passport workshop is sponsored by the League of United Latin American Citizens, or LULAC. Children born in America, with U.S. birth certificates, are citizens. But these parents want additional assurance their kids' rights will be protected -- and that means getting a U.S. passport. "

Oh, of course...somebody thought of this detail. Otherwise when leaving with their parents back to their home country they would not practically be able to return. But this doesn't say what evidence they are presenting to get the passports. And what gives a church the right to be involved in a governmental process?
    Good point. Some pro-enforcement advocates need to be monitoring these kinds of things. Wish I lived in Phoenix, I'd go. How could they stop anyone? Discriminate against them, racially profile? Wish an ALIPACer in Phoenix could go.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

An ALIPACer who is fluent in Spanish. I am not.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Well, in this case the kids may have social security ID. But maybe not. A person needs to show some proof of US citizenship to get a passport, although it is not a terribly strenuous examination. There is a process for children's passports at this link:
    http://www.us-passport-service-guide.co ... sport.html

I would like to see if the RC or LULAC is trying to devise a clever way to get around these requirements, since the parents may be reluctant to observe the process.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm unclear, are these passports so the children can get into Mexico or get back into the U.S. if they visit Mexico. I've heard that Mexican schools won't acccept children without documentation, which strikes me as kind of humorous, considering that they think it's okay to be in the U.S. without documentation.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I'm unclear, are these passports so the children can get into Mexico or get back into the U.S. if they visit Mexico. I've heard that Mexican schools won't acccept children without documentation, which strikes me as kind of humorous, considering that they think it's okay to be in the U.S. without documentation.
    I believe Reggie it's to get back into the United States if and when their illegal invader parents are every deported and are forced to take their anchor brats with them. The illegal invaders feel the walls closing in on them and they want to make sure their little anchors can get back into the country in order to continue with their fleecing of our tax dollars and services.

As far as documentation to attend mexican schools goes, their little anchors probably have all the documentation they need to attend school in mexico, as mexico still recognizes anchors born in this country to mexican citizens (Jus sanguinis) as mexican citizens. And with no shortage of mexican consulates in this country to assist these invaders, you can rest assured that junior anchor has all the mexican papers he will ever need to register for school.

The only ID I had to show to get my passport was my birth certificate and my drivers license.
    Young kids might not have any ID except a birth certificate and maybe a school ID.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am more skeptical of this whole passport deal.

Since we know what law breaking liars document fraud con artist cheats these people are I suspect less then honorable reasons for the passport rush by Anchors.

If their parents use the Achors SS# ID's to get welfare/ work here why would we ever believe they will not use their passports to get back into the USA if deported ?
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    I am more skeptical of this whole passport deal.

Since we know what law breaking liars document fraud con artist cheats these people are I suspect less then honorable reasons for the passport rush by Anchors.

If their parents use the Achors SS# ID's to get welfare/ work here why would we ever believe they will not use their passports to get back into the USA if deported ?
    If the passport has the picture of a child on it it would be very difficult for an adult to use it.
    NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast