Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pastor Tries to Reassure Immigrants Fearing Deportation at Trump Megachurch Rally

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pastor Tries to Reassure Immigrants Fearing Deportation at Trump Megachurch Rally

Pastor Tries To Reassure Immigrants Fearing Deportation At Trump Megachurch Rally

Mary Papenfuss

December 30, 2019, 8:17 PM EST

Read full article

The Florida evangelical pastor whose megachurch is hosting a religious rally for President Donald Trump on Friday has pledged his protection to undocumented immigrants who fear they’ll risk deportation if they attend.

Miami pastor Guillermo Maldonado tried to reassure members of his congregation at his sermon Sunday, the Miami Herald reported. “You don’t have to be a citizen, and I will give you an affirmation as your spiritual father and your pastor,” he was quoted as saying.

“Someone said, ‘But how can you bring Trump to church if there’s people who don’t have papers?’ I ask you: Do you think I would do something where I would endanger my people? I’m not that dumb.”

Maldonado’s King Jesus International Ministry (Ministerio Internacional El Rey Jesus) typically draws hundreds of Latino families to its Sunday service in Spanish. It was picked by the Trump campaign for the first “Evangelicals for Trump” rally later this week. Maldonado said that his church is not financing the event and that anyone who wants to attend has to register at DonaldJTrump.com.

The rally was organized in response to a scathing editorial earlier this month in Christianity Today. The publication, founded by the late Rev. Billy Graham, called for Trump’s removal for his “profoundly immoral” abuse of his office for personal and political gain. It also criticized Trump’s “blackened moral record,” including “lies and slanders” and “immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud.”

Maldonado, who is from Honduras, calls himself Apostle Maldonado, speaks in tongues and claims to have worked miracles, including raising the dead. Some of his “immigration miracles” include people obtaining visas so they can legally stay in the U.S., according to the Herald.

Despite assurances to his flock, Maldonado didn’t appear to guarantee that undocumented immigrants who attend the rally won’t risk being detected and deported.

“I don’t think the president would do such a thing,” Maldonado hedged. “Don’t put your race or your nationality over being a Christian. Be mature .... If you want to come, do it for your pastor.”

like this

Trump's Hypocritical Christmas

President Donald Trump used his annual Christmas message to preach for respect for others — which is unlike Trump, who, in the past, has called Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) “crazy.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/guillermo-maldonado-trump-undocumented-immigrants-deportation-011757906.html
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

"Pastors tries to reassure ILLEGAL ALIENS fearing deportation..."

------------------------

Did anyone tell this "Pastor" that these illegal aliens have "Jesus" on their soil?

Did anyone tell this "Pastor" that we are a Sovereign Nation and we are a Nation of Laws?

Did anyone tell this "Pastor" that HE is also subject to the Laws of our land?

Did anyone tell this "Pastor" that HE is not God, that this "Pastor" is just a man, no better, no worse, than you or I. and we are ALL subject to our Federal Laws in this country?

Last edited by Beezer; 12-31-2019 at 02:55 PM.

These "Churches" and these "men" who run them are the cause of a lot of the wars across the Globe.

Now everybody is at each others throats. The Muslim's, the Jews, the Christians, all of it. Churches getting shot up. Fanatics running around with guns.

Omar and Tahlib mouthing off about the Jews.

Quite frankly I am sick of it. These religions have pitted everybody against each other and now pander to the criminal trespassing illegal aliens, refugees, and asylum liars.

Been going on for centuries. Religious wars...the root of all evil and they cause much grief, poverty, hate, starvation, and slaughter of people.

It is a vicious cycle, and these "men" get rich off of it. Just look at the Pope!

They are also the cause of overbreeding in poverty by telling people to "multiply" and breed in the dirt and do not believe in birth control. Then have the GAUL to take our money, we worked hard for, to pay for the results of someone's romp in the mud. It IS vulgar and it IS disgusting. And that is the bottom line...period.

Quiet frankly, these "Churches" can believe in what they want and pay for it all OUT of their pockets or keep their traps shut.

They are causing this mass invasion of our countries across the Globe as well and destroying us all.

They need to loose their tax-exempt status, pay up taxes, and keep OUT of our government and out of our policies.

They are a BIG BUSINESS, run by a bunch of holier than thou mortals, who need to be put in their place. Their lawlessness, open borders, wars, and destruction cannot continue.